Information regarding Heidelberg - Quickmaster DI 46 YOM 1997

Visar

Hi all,

I am looking for opinions of different users of Heidelberg - Quickmaster DI 46-4. What do you think about it and do you recommend it?

Thank you in advance,

Hi, you are probably better off with the one that is year 2000 and up, blue covers on top rather than maroon. If you wish to receive the opinion, please specify your needs/ plans, what do plan to print using it, run lengths, etc.

Hi, I would be printing 60 to 350 gsm. Quantity printed should between 1000 - 5000 copies.

Would be good to know what sort of problems should I expect and is it stable machine?

Thanks Unlimited BT!

Hi, I don't think it can go as far as 350 gsm, I bought QMDI+ some time ago, I, actually bought 2, one for parts but it is not assembled yet as it is not a crucial to our operation it is more for convenience and flexibility. We outsource most of the color work and card product are cheap enough for me not to bother, I don't have to worry about gang being filled, cutting etc. I plan on running sheet work on it - menus, flyers, may be posters to max size if run is large enough. Also I'd like to see if I can switch 2 color work to it and get rid of bunch of other presses - I have TOKO R2SH, really nice one - less than 1 mil clicks, I have RYOBI 3302H that I am fixing now, i did not need it but we bought it to throw Kompacs on it, I also have 1 color AB Dick.
On digital side I have awesome Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C65HC with Creo and OKI C3641 so short runs are covered.
If running anything with 2 or more colors will be sense making I'd be happy to sell all 2 color presses and forget about makereadies, ink key set-ups, keep 1 color ABD for BS 1 color flyers and Envelopes.
As far as getting your questions answered from someone who really knows these presses - talk Anthony
QMDI PRESS SERVICES
Office / Shop: 860-822-6111
[email protected]
QMDI Printing Press - Technology by Heidelberg
I have spoken to him on more than one occasion and no question went unanswered, he seemed to know QMDI's that are placed hundreds miles away.
There is another member on this forum "Leonard Enterprises" I had never had a chance to engage in business or conversation with him but he as well claims to be a dedicated to QMDI service.
There are more...
Paul Cavanaugh to may understanding is member of Heidelberg Team and helps around forum a lot.
There is another member out of UK that I saw helping with these.
Type QMDI in forum search and go over results except "For Sale" once - you might find it educating.

Ret Heidelberg Instructor

Ret Heidelberg Instructor

In my opinion go with the Pro Model with the CP2000 interface if you can get one. This model should have been introduced right after the original Quickmaster DI. The Plus Model was just a tease with 12 ink zones and faster imaging capabiltiies. The feeder on the Pro Model (SM52 style) with proper sideguides alone is worth the price of upgrading. The CP 2000 interface is much better. More options were available, such as Smart Spooling. Not a big fan of the 12 ink zone key system because of the way you had to calibrate the keys when they went out of spec due to poor maintenance. I liked the 12 keys for more control. If Heidelberg had made a 12 key zone ink fountain with a plastic foil like the original QM DI, I think that would have been much better. However, it is what it is. The technology is dated, Heidelberg doesn't make them anymore. You can still get them serviced, and with a good operator running one you can still make money with it.

Good luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back