injet addresser for aqueous and UV coated prints

jotterpinky

Does anyone know of a good inkjet addresser that works on aqueous and UV coated stocks? We've looked at the Kirk Rudy Wavejet but are unable to justify the cost for our current operation. I'm hoping there is a smaller model that works for at least aqueous coating. Any thoughts on what others are using?

jotterpinky - It's not as much as the device itself, it's the ink cartridge that is used. You need to look at a fast-drying ink such as Collins Ink in combination with a heater/dryer. Normal ink, on any device will just bead-up and smear off on acqueous. If you find an inexpensive table-top ink jet (such as Buskro, etc.) inquire if Collins ink is available. If no heater/dryer available for the model you select, you can hook up an infra-red heat lamp and position it over the output conveyor. Just make sure that your printed pieces drop on an output conveyor spaced (not on top of each other) to give the ink time to dry.

BTW, we're running Kirk-Rudy ink jets, so, some of that model number may be specific to our equipment............

Thanks, at least I can tell Collins to give me something like that. They always want me to send in samples. If we only had that kind of time to ship samples and wait for them to "test" them. Seriously, 3/4 of the jobs are in and out before UPS could get the box there!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back