Ink Eater Mark

tbowat

In preps how do I get the ink eater variable mark to go behind all other marks (crop marks included)?
I have tried:
1. Mark is not set to "bring to front"
2. Copied and pasted all other marks, so they appear to be to the front of the ink eater mark
3. The marks that I want to be "layered" in front of the ink eater are set to "bring to front"

I am using prinergy 5.1.2.3 and preps 5.3

Thanks

Preps works in layers, so whatever mark you place first is on the bottom layer and so on.
If you use smart marks then name the mark you want on the bottom with a z...

Rob T
Preps 5.3 and Prinergy

Are you doing pdf to pdf output? Are you seeing crop marks covered over by the ink eater mark in your actual pdf output from Preps, and not just in the template editor? Is this Problem occurring in Preps stand alone output, or in Preps in a workflow output?

Al

Edit: Sorry, I only just noticed the last line of your post where you inform us about using Prinergy. Can you replicate the problem when Prinergy is not used?

Last edited:
Ink Eater, is that the white knockout under marks ?

Preferences > Marks > add White KO under ... mark

maybe this helps.

The name ink eater suggests that it consumes ink, therefore it is most likely a color take off mark such as a rectangle across a region of the press sheet.

Al

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back