Ink problem on my HD 74

vladBT

Hi I am having problem on my HD 74 from 2002, last two three weeks there is building up of ink on blanket and rollers, sometimes it even pulls the fibres or coating from the sheet. Where it can be the problem?

3 things.

1) Have you had a change in your paper stock?

2) Is light coverage more problematic?

3) Can it be fixed simply by going to a longer tack ink?

D

I think you have problem with Piling in your case. Probably in these case you miss some details or you have empty place on a print. Is it showing with inks printed at first in your color order?
Some causes may be wrong fountain solution,printing blankets too tacky or wrong paper coating.You should Treat blanket or change to less tacky blanket,check fountain solution, it could be a lot of things when speaking of piling so you can find more info here.

I think you have problem with Piling in your case. Probably in these case you miss some details or you have empty place on a print. Is it showing with inks printed at first in your color order?
Some causes may be wrong fountain solution,printing blankets too tacky or wrong paper coating.You should Treat blanket or change to less tacky blanket,check fountain solution, it could be a lot of things when speaking of piling so you can find more info here.

Thanks saso777, it was Pilling the problem we have on our HD 74 as you told me. The reason was improper fountain solution and too tacky blankets. After fixing it the problem is gone. Thanks again

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back