Inkjet Options

csudman

I've been a memjet fan for a long time. I've had a colordyne 1600s for 6 years and picked up a used mach 5 last year. Color has always been fine, never great. Blacks were never that black, but it got the job done.

That said, noticed this using the new HP print heads. Has anyone seen one of these in action? Know the cost of one?

They are most likely using the HP Pagewide head. HP SPS group is now giving permission to OEMs to build more unique printers based upon the PageWide Print engine. Good Image Quality Pigment inks. However like Memjet these printheads/engines are not too durable and like Memjet the cost for the inks will be high. If you really want to go with DOD inkjet, go with a piezo based system. The printheads will last 5 years, the print quality is good and lastly the cost per print is far better, because you are not tied to Memjet or HP ink.

They are most likely using the HP Pagewide head. HP SPS group is now giving permission to OEMs to build more unique printers based upon the PageWide Print engine. Good Image Quality Pigment inks. However like Memjet these printheads/engines are not too durable and like Memjet the cost for the inks will be high. If you really want to go with DOD inkjet, go with a piezo based system. The printheads will last 5 years, the print quality is good and lastly the cost per print is far better, because you are not tied to Memjet or HP ink.
HI! who do you recommend for a piezo based print head system?

I like Xerox -- Wide, fast, high res 1200 dpi and easy to integrate. They are new to the market, but match better with commercial print applications.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back