Installing end of press UV set up

beermonster

we are looking into adding an end of press only UV set up, to our 2 x komori lithrone 40's.

yes - we know some issues with trapping <press trap not prepress> and a few other issues, but my question is:

anyone done this to same/similar presses?
who did u use?
how much <had to be in there somewhere eh>
pro/cons?
ease?
or just general advice etc and anything I haven't mentioned!

thanks in advance

I ran a 6 colour that had been "converted" to u/v, by having a drying unit on wheels with shrouded lamps rolled into the delivery.
It worked, but there was quite a few problems.
Couldnt run it fast was the main one, it didnt deliver well enough, and the delivery of the sheet had to be timed with the belt passing under the lamps so they didnt overlap. I tried speeding up the belt, however it didnt cure the u.v fully. I then tried to increase the lamp output, and belt speed, and it was o/k until there was a jam up and it caught fire.
The lamps lowest setting was too high for adhesive stock as well. it melted and looked like a 33lp dunked in boiling water.

Had to change all the rollers out, and get much thicker u/v. And it stinks.
But when it wasnt pinholing, taking forever to refit recessed blankets for glueflaps, or singeing things, it did a good job. and on the whole was a cheap way to get into work that required u/v inks and varnishes.

thanks spigot

we've had people in, one of them was extremely good and very familiar with komori's which we have.

it will fit in sweetly exactly where we need it, so now it's down to price

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back