Intel Mac and OS 9

HiTech_Monkeyboy

Hi gang, I'm looking for an opinion for anyone who may have found a way to run OS9 on the new intel macs. We have customers that are still using apps that were new when I started...and dinosaurs roamed the earth. Classic doesn't run on a mactel. I have heard of something call "Sheep Shaver" for running the old OS9 but haven't tried it yet. Has anyone? Is there anything else out there? Is there something better? Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Monkey

Re: Intel Mac and OS 9

Buy an old G4 that can dual boot Tiger and OS9 (on separate internal HD's. Probably looking at or under 1GHZ best get a DP. Add 1-2GB ram.
Then run your legend apps native or Classic if you must.

You'll be spending under 900 hamburgers and save thousands in trouble and hassle.

It does work you know and quite efficiently too.

John W

Of course it will work, but some day we will not have the hardware available to run something we need to run, so at that time virtualization and emulation will be what those that keep every version of every OS and program will have to resort to doing.

Don

We're actually trying to get away from keeping multiple old machines running for a once a month use. Replacing as needed and using a couple of mac minis in production. That Intel chip seems to be a problem from time to time as in the case of OS9. Thanks for the info though guys.

When I can get this installed and tested, I'll report back.

Monkey

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back