Interposer tray issues

Kyle Arn

Hello I have a Rich 8120 Pro I am trying to print a book while inserting pre printed covers from the Interposer tray. The problem is that I cannot get it to actually sense the covers persay. So here is what is happening I set everything up in the imposition then when I proof print it after already loading the covers into the interoser tray and lifts the covers as if to pull them in. But does not pull anything in and asks me to define the paper but I should not have to define it since typically I can just tell it to pull from that tray and it does with no extra defining. I have tried to set it up in imposition then just properties then I defined everything but the cover in imposition and defined the cover in properties then I tried to actually define the cover then I made the default the cover and defined everything else individually nothing can't get the cover to insert for anything. I appreciate any help.

Hi
Is the cover to heavy for the inserter? Have you tried feeding the cover from a different tray. We have a Ricoh 7100 and we put the covers in the bypass tray and on the imposition we add blank pages for the cover and tell it to use the bypass tray.

Hello I have a Rich 8120 Pro I am trying to print a book while inserting pre printed covers from the Interposer tray. The problem is that I cannot get it to actually sense the covers persay. So here is what is happening I set everything up in the imposition then when I proof print it after already loading the covers into the interoser tray and lifts the covers as if to pull them in. But does not pull anything in and asks me to define the paper but I should not have to define it since typically I can just tell it to pull from that tray and it does with no extra defining. I have tried to set it up in imposition then just properties then I defined everything but the cover in imposition and defined the cover in properties then I tried to actually define the cover then I made the default the cover and defined everything else individually nothing can't get the cover to insert for anything. I appreciate any help.

Did you try and go in tray paper settings and set the size for the interposer?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back