Invisible Files in my Hot Folders - Win NT Harlequin Rip

bgrubb7

I have a Harlequin Rip running on a Win NT box. I recently had reinstall everything after a hard drive crash. Since the reinstall, Anytime a 1-BitTiff is dropped in a hot folder or moved to my Completed Jobs Folder, I get a 4K copy of the file that has "._" in front of the file name right next to the original file. It;s a huge annoyance, as the rip tries to process both files, and I end up with a bunch of errors in my job log because of it.

I never had this problem with the old system. I'm not familiar with NT, and I can't figure out how to turn the generation of these files off.

Sure I can hide invisible files in my folder options, but they are still there, and the rip still sees them and tries to process them.

Re: Invisible Files in my Hot Folders - Win NT Harlequin Rip

If you are using a Mac to drop files to the Windows machine try connecting with a protocol other than SMB. Just a thought.

-sean

The files are created by your Mac when using SMB (Windows Networking). They contain the data from the Mac file's resource fork. To stop creating them you have to use AFP. The other option would be to edit the Harlequin pagesetup to filter out the ._ files. Just remember to occasionally delete the orphaned files from you hot folder.

You can exclude this type of files in the config of page setup, you can put ".tif " or ".tif,.pdf,.ps", in the filter of Input controller, and this is solved, this is current problem wen send files of MAc to PC Hot folder.

With this filter the rip only search type of files write in the filter setup and ignore all other.

Filter is Filename Prefix List, in the config of input controller

Best Regard

I ended up just filtering out the ._ prefix on the HQ rip, then hidding the hidden files in Folder views. Works great. Thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back