Is there such thing as colour accuracy for promotional items?

stan255

This might be a dumb question but can promotional items such as pens, mugs, etc have accurate colours like how we can use PMS colours on paper and fabric to achieve accurate colours.

Yes. Not every promo item manufacturer is savvy enough, but if you ask you will usually get a solid answer from them.

Incidentally, if they can't give you a satisfactory "Yes or No" answer you might not want to deal with them. If they don't know about PMS, even if they don't use it themselves, they might be trouble.

I have found that the level of knowledge of promo manufacturers and promo printers ranges very widely from Ignorant-and-new to Knows-better-than-I-do.

Thanks for the reply, davarino.

What would be the questions you would ask to screen out the good vs the bad ones?

Thanks for the reply, davarino.

What would be the questions you would ask to screen out the good vs the bad ones?
Sorry for the late reply.

I have no set approach. If they hesitate because they don't understand a concept being stated in printers' terms I begin to wonder, though. If they say they can do anything, I would doubt it, simply because there is always something new lurking behind the door.

Just imagine that you're on a first date, that you live in a society where matchmakers are common and second dates are not common before marriage, and that you are to make your decision in 15 minutes. That ought to show you someone's character.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back