It superimposes the pp

faustjann

In 5pm I had a job waiting to print a booklet. A 40 page .pdf. I sent it to the printer and each page came out with superimposed PowerPoint slides over the .pdf print. Not the color of the PP slide, just the words. I purged all history of held, printed and archived. I printed again, straight from the .pdf instead of the fiery engine. It did it again but a different pp. I was printing 11x17. The third print, I shrank to fit 8.5x11 and it didn't superimpose over the booklet print.

So, as a test, I made a copy of the .pdf, left it in the same folder as the original, increased the size back to 11x17 and printed it back through the fiery engine and it worked. The designer needed 6 more for a presentation so, I printed 6 more from the copy of the .pdf, not through the fiery engine and they all worked.

Does anyone know why from the original .pdf, it superimposes the pp?

Julie
My printer: Richo Pro C900

could be a bad PDF, could be a bad RIP

could be a bad PDF, could be a bad RIP

Does anyone know why from the original .pdf, it superimposes the pp?

1. before I would suggest "crappy rip" I would have to look at the PDF file. PDF files made from Powerpoint was one of the hardest types of PDF files that we ever had to edit when I worked at Enfocus. I am serious.

Acrobat is very graceful at rendering a badly formed PDF file to the screen, but this is quite different than converting to a display list rendering / rasterizing.

Do you have any idea how that PDF was made ?

Examples might be - 'we printed to PostScript and Distilled" or "we opened it in Google Docs and saved as PDF" -

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back