Itek 985 Numbering

M

MrBafner

We have a Itek 985 with a numbering & perforation unit.

The numbering units are setup correctly, and the numbers turn correctly. We cannot get them to ink up at all.

They are 21" numbering machines, I would rather use the 19.6" numbering units.

On previous machines that I have run, the numbering units are inked up all the time and only function when on impression. These don't ink up at all, on or off impression.

Has anyone had any experience on this type of numbering unit?

Wondering if there is a setting somewhere that engages the inkers onto the numbering units or if the rollers may need to be adjusted. I'm not sure on how to do this either, there doesn't seem to be any adjustment rings.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

OK, I have adjusted the form roller for the numbering unit.

The problem appears that the impression is not staying on, so the numbering machines are not coming in contact with the form roller.

When I hold the impression on manually, which is pretty hard as it turns it off straight away, the numbering machines ink up and put an impression on the stock.

When the press is on impression the numbering unit should also come onto impression, right?

Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

OK, I feel the sheet is not being detected at all.

I can manually engage the solenoid in place and it works fine, numbers ink and turn perfectly.

The sensor has been cleaned, but could only see the one sensor at the front of the numbering unit.

There is a level on the 985 that indicates that the numbering unit is attached, when I engage this as well it quickly switches back to not being engaged. Maybe there is a setting somewhere that I haven't found as yet.

Any help would be appreciated ... thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back