Its not hard...

ajr

This is not a new science or something, people Im dealing with are meant to be pros, so please put some bloody bleed on your documents!!!

Feel better now!

AjR

Yeah it was designed with bleed.. It goes all the way to the edge of the artboard (dys?)

You deal with people who are "graphic designers" but cannot understand the simple task of leaving a bleed on their document... what a world!:eek:

So me an excel document that requires bleed, and I will show you a document that should not have been built in excel !

Hi Michael, when I wrote that I was waiting for somebody to pick on the comment and say that it is probably easier to add bleed into an Excel file than other MS Office products... All you need to do is add a new column and row before the origin of the job and then change the defined print area to be wider.

I could have used any MS Office product as an example.

Really, dealing with MS Office products is not that hard for a good prepress operator. Once you get the data into PDF or PS, it is "easy enough" to get it print ready using standard Adobe apps or PDF plugs for Acrobat Pro.

I lost count of the number of MS Excel or other office files that were complex forms, that I had to craft into 1 or 2 colour jobs for NCR pad work going to plate.

Stephen Marsh

A company that I used to work for made some good money printing wide format posters from corporate .ppt files. We always joked that we hoped the client never heard about projectors!

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back