ITunes woes

ajr

I'm not happy, went to Itunes store to download something today (dont use it that often) found out cant use it with my OS 10.4.11 have to upgrade a perfectly good OS and probably Mac. Starting to go off Apple!

AjR

I mean, to be honest, there is something to be said about keeping up to date with your OS. 10.4 was released in 2005 and there have been two OS releases since then (Snow Leopard more of a large update). If your computer has an Intel chip and not a Power PC, you can probably upgrade the OS.

Should I have to upgrade my OS (I am Intel) just to use an online store! My Mac is only 3.5 years old, at my company they wont upgrade. If I had a PC it would have had every upgrade under the sun!

A

Sorry but I am with apple. It sucks but it costs money to make sure things are backwards compatible. They'll never be any innovation because they'll be too worried their programs won't work on Dinosaurs.

I do buy music from Amazon and other sites, just like browsing through I tunes now and again. Maybe upgrade soon.

A

10.4 was backwards compatible with 10.3 and largely 10.2. 10.5 saw a large change in the kernel and OS, as well as the start of 64 bit support. 10.6 was the completion of the 64 bit upgrade. Most apps have requirements that 10.5 be a minimum, which I don't think is unreasonable. Yes, 10.4 works fine, but the newer versions of most software won't support it.

So i don't get the problem, the current version of itunes is compatible all the way back to a
G4 processor, and the upgrade to the minimum OSX 10.5 is super cheap, why all the fuss?

I have to admit I'm with the OP - that's lame.

I purposely do not update iTunes because a) it's an incredibly bloated (and pretty lame) app as it is b) I, uhh, am OK w/o Ping and c) it's an incredibly bloated (oh, and pretty lame) app as it is (did I say that already?).

I've had more issues on my personal LAN after upgrading to 10.5/10.6 that I'm probably going to go back to 10.4 - so for me it has nothing to do with the cost, but more the pain that with each OS upgrade there are always things that break (some more of a problem than others).

If it aint broke etc etc etc...........

My company wont upgrade, I-tunes just passes the time while I wait for other stuff to do!!

Now if i can just get my copy of Marathon to work I'll be happy!

if you have an ipod, iphone or mp3 player of some sort you can download this free program from https://rogueamoeba.com/freebies/ called LineIn. This program is cool because it allows you to pass music from your device into your mac and play on your speakers, this is the only way i know to play music from my iphone into the mac. Its pretty cool.

iTunes

iTunes

I am with ajr on this one - why?
Well iTunes may not work on Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger, but it still works on Microsoft Windows XP.
And that just sucks...
Regards minch.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back