Just Venting

gman

Got 40 years in the trade and the owner refuses to consult me about printing jobs. I let him fail against my better judgement and yet he still don't learn. Its really hard to do everything the hard way, it still gets done but it could be done faster and get more jobs out.

Venting!

Venting!

Yes, following the directions of someone who only knows one way to do things can be frustrating. Does your company have production Meetings? If so, come up with a "total analysis" of one of the failed jobs. Show the things that went wrong, where thay went wrong and why they went wrong but, do not point fingers! Next recomend your proceedure as a "what if" senerio. If you present it well to a group, including the owner, and the gorup thinks the idea has merit, suggest that the next job bo produced like the senerio.
If that doesn't work, make sure the owner's fingerprints are all over every failed job or you are history.

Prepresscolor, thanks for the input, meetings are out, shop way too small plus not enough time. I'm just going to log everything in on the mistakes we make and how I think we could remedy them. Maybe if the owner sees how many mistakes maybe then he'll listen. Please keep in mind the owner knows nothing of printing this is why its so disturbing. I'm trying to keep my job...not loose it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back