KBA ciplink X hotfolder issue

Joren

Hi,

I have an issue with our KBA ciplink X program. It is not picking up automatically the cip3 files from the network share. The log file shows the error: "Failed to find preset import hotfolder".

From the windows computer the share is fully accessible and I am able to read,write, delete files on it. Manually it is possible to process jobs with the ciplink X program but the automatic function is not working.

Anybody that has similar experience with KBA ciplink software?

Kr,

Joren

I'm assuming you set-up the "Preset Import hotfolder". In the System Administration section go to Service tab. Preset import service should be active (green light ) and show the Hotfolder. My version is set-up to a Z drive. No other sub-folders.

Make sure the z drive always mounts at startup if on another server.

if that is OK then try Restarting KBA server and check event viewer in KBA software.

Yes indeed, I have setup the Job import hotfolder with the browse icon "...". This works I can browse to the network share. I see no other field that makes it possible to select a folder.

If the operator adds a job manually it works perfectly

But if I check the logserver it shows a red icon and tells me that the Folder is inaccessible, so it checks every 60 seconds for new files but it is not able to access the shared folder for some reason. The event viewer shows: "Failed to find preset import hotfolder"

Sorry all I can do is tell you how my system is setup.
I'm just going to put ideas out there and you can check your system.
Check PC services: KBA gateway started : KBA RCC server disabled : KBA Server started.

In the CIP X Software/System Administrator/Services try restarting KBA server.

In the same CIP X Software/System Administrator/Services area the following tabs are showing in the left blue column "Service monitor" 3 tabs are Preset import, KBA gateway and File watcher.

Hope this helps

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked again the settings and still it was not working.
Now I made myself a work around, our workflow system sends now direclty the cip3 file to a shared folder locally on the ciplink pc . This avoids the mapped network drive and makes the ciplink pc able to pickup files again automatically.

Joren

Just in case someone else bumps into that wall: You have to make sure that the service KBA Server has the correct login credentials in order to either map the z: drive or access a file share on the network! During initial implementation either BDT or KBA makes sure that KBA server works with the initial share. If you change the cip3 output folder and just change the path in ciplink system administration without changing the windows login of the KBA server service you wont get very far...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back