Kiss Cutting

Muddy

I need someone who can kiss cut a sheet of a product called Phototex. The face stock is like a woven fabric and our regular supplier of die-cutting cannot cut this with his steel rule dies. I need someone with a plotter cutter that can use carbide tip. Preferably in Canada

I have the sheets already printed and I'm looking for someone to finish them. Your help would be most appreciated.

I had this sheeted to 12 x 18 sheets and we printed them offset. I'm having a very difficult time with this kiss cutting. A steel rule die will not work here. I need a plotter cutter and this is not something that I have. I sent it to a couple of others in that business and they are reluctant to try the job. I know people are cutting this stuff but the problem is that it's sheeted and not in a roll. One guy has said he can do it but want over $3 a sheet to kiss cut with a laser. There are 2000 sheets and this seems a little excessive.

I'd love to find someone in Canada who has experience and would like to help here. I can give you many more details by PM or over the phone

Please help!!

the problem you will have is a plotter cutter needs special registration marks for it to be able to line up the cut and being individual sheets would be very time consuming (generally they work roll based, from material printed on a solvent inkjet)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back