KM 2250p vs Xerox Nuvera 288

ProdPrint

I am evaluating production printer options to replace Xerox D136 and D125 devices. Average monthly volumes are 2 - 3 mil bw 8 1/2 * 11 duplex impressions with spikes in volume up to 5 mil three months out of the year. I am currently looking at two Konica Minolta BizHub 2250p printers or two Xerox Nuvera 288 printers. Please let me know if you have any experience with either of these devices running this high of a volume. I am also wondering if there are other production machines that I should consider while staying in the cut sheet realm.

I am interested to see if anyone has run this type of volume and how the machines hold up. Thanks for any insight.

Have you looked at the Océ VarioPrint? A shop I know is installing two of them. The speed is controlled with licensing up to 306ppm.

Im in the same boat. Moving from d125s although at a much lower print volume. About to pull the trigger on a varioprint lease vp6180 titan. All I do is duplex so it was a good fit. Curious about these other options of course. I thought that a few of the biz hubs are the same as the oce varioprint.

Got quotes on canon (Oce) varioprint titan VP180 and nuvera 200. Got a trade in special for my 4110 and the varioprint was less than a third of the xerox price on a lease. Install in two weeks, will let you know how it goes.

Got quotes on canon (Oce) varioprint titan VP180 and nuvera 200. Got a trade in special for my 4110 and the varioprint was less than a third of the xerox price on a lease. Install in two weeks, will let you know how it goes.

Road - How is the new product working out? How is the image permanence for postal use? What do you like about it? What don't you like?

Road - How is the new product working out? How is the image permanence for postal use? What do you like about it? What don't you like?

Machine has been running like a champ. We have about 1M on it now and have had 2 minor calls and one major. Service has been good. I have the TP machine which is a waxy toner they say. Because I run it on mail equipment after printing, they have two extra fusers that it runs through to help bond it. They call them something else but essentially that is what they are. I have about the same amount of toner loss to the friction feed mail machines as I did with the xerox 110's we were previously using maybe a touch more. I dont have too much negative to say about it. This is my first full service lease and the first production machine that is bigger than a d110/136 size unit so I may not have the experience needed for a more in depth assessment. I really appreciate the speed upgrade and the complete lack of faults. Our previous printers needed attention every 5k-10k religiously. This thing just runs. We rarely have to clear a paper path. Maybe once a week. Hope this helps!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back