KM bizhub C250i - C360i printing heavy papers in the graphic market

MADSYS

Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate to know your market feedback experience with the C250i

- C360i series regarding acceptance for print quality using papers from 200gr/m2

up to 300gr/m2. Particularly in those customers in the graphic segment (flyers,

line art, photos) that perhaps are trying to upgrade from previous KM models like

C284e / C308.

Many thanks for your time.

Hi and welcome.
The KM models you've mentioned are from the office range of MFPs, they are not production machines.
They are really designed to handle 80GSM-100GSM uncoated copier paper.
Whilst they will handle heavier substrates in small quantities, if you do this too regularly or too many, especially with heavy toner coverage, you will get jams, image quality issues, and the registration may disappoint.
Having said that, before buying a C4080 last year, we used a KM MFP (C454e) and with some patience and knowing its limitations, used it for small production runs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back