KM C8000 vs Xerox J75

camasprinter

I currently have 2 Xerox 700's - one is a 700i -the 700 is coming off lease soon and I have to decide where to go or keep it for $15k buyout.
I like the xerox relationship and the m/c's work well for us. We also have offset, large format & inkjet m/c's so a variety of machines to choose to print from.

My question to the world is to compare relatively new J75 with long standing ( and disappearing ) C8000. Will I like the look of the C8 better then J75? Is service from KM really spotty as I hear? Does the C8 have a good solid feel to it or does it crash & burn a lot?

The X 700's I have are both pretty dependable and good running so I am tempted to keep the one at some more $$ cost. Although I am being temped with a demo C8000 for $1200/mo +$1 buyout and .045 per click, where I am paying .066 per click on that 700.

I currently have 2 Xerox 700's - one is a 700i -the 700 is coming off lease soon and I have to decide where to go or keep it for $15k buyout.
I like the xerox relationship and the m/c's work well for us. We also have offset, large format & inkjet m/c's so a variety of machines to choose to print from.

My question to the world is to compare relatively new J75 with long standing ( and disappearing ) C8000. Will I like the look of the C8 better then J75? Is service from KM really spotty as I hear? Does the C8 have a good solid feel to it or does it crash & burn a lot?

The X 700's I have are both pretty dependable and good running so I am tempted to keep the one at some more $$ cost. Although I am being temped with a demo C8000 for $1200/mo +$1 buyout and .045 per click, where I am paying .066 per click on that 700.

While I don't have experience with either machine I wanted to to say that your click rate seems awfully high on the 700. We just signed a deal on the C75 for .038 cents per 13x19 click.

I would be very tempted by the C8000 with that buyout.

We went through the same evaluation about 6 months ago. Decided on a C7 and the Fiery software. The combination for us is unbelievable - the C7 has delivered great color, amazing interface and we are producing products now that we only wished we could do with the X700. Our demo of the J75 was pretty convincing, X did not want us as a customer; we had told the sales group exactly what we were going to run - not one job worked after 2 hours.

We were always irritated by X service, their normal statement was we fixed it (NOT) otherwise it was the paper or the enviroment. We suspect they are a great company but need to take a serious look at their problems.

The C7 has had some paper feeding issues, we suspect something will fail sooner than later but still minor compared to the poor service from X.

Best of luck with the decision.

Hey Prairiedog,
What kind of jobs wouldn't work for you with the j75 during the demo?

Yap. 'Not one job worked after 2 hours'. This is a HUGE statement. I would love to hear about these jobs too.

When I hear statements like this I wonder if the person making them is being realistic. Reminds me of the Vistaprint add where the woman talks about her local printer. She says she order something and nothing was right. My thought is that if nothing was right, maybe you don't know enough to order what you want. lol

We took a variety of jobs to run - a simple booklet (the paper would jam and the order of the pages were wrong). A couple color prints on 300 GSM glossy paper, colours were not even close and lastly a color calendar - again colors were off and the pages came out in the wrong order and it would not do a staple properly.

We were sure all could be fixed but the issue was that we ran exactly the same jobs on the KM and all of them came out perfectly.

We suspect some of the Xerox issues were with the sales group, they did not seem that interested in the business.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back