KM c8000e and field upgrades to c8000

lfelton

I don't know whether anyone noticed the announcement in December, but KM have a new "model" that replaces the c8000, the c8000e. I've got the detailed list of changes under NDA so I can't share those with you, however it is WELL worth having the conversation with whoever is supplying your c8000 and make absolutely certain that they are supplying the c8000e. It's not quite the major upgrade that the c6500 to c6501 was, but it certainly fixes several of the issues that bug us in a high volume production environment.

Without going into details, some of the upgrades seem legitimately like upgrades that a manufacturer can say come with a mid life cycle improvement programme. However, the majority seem like FIXES to under performing parts to me. The c8000 IS field upgradeable to the cs8000e but apparently KM have taken the decision NOT to upgrade existing machines. Given the amount of money that I pay a month for our KM machines and the problems that we have, I am really seriously pissed off with KM about this.

I think all of us on this forum would encourage a KM representative to be open and honest and post the full technical details of the upgrade right here.

I won't break NDA, so don't PM me and ask. Just make sure you get the c8000e not the c8000.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back