KM Parts & Supplies from Japan

gig0

Anybody with inside info know if Konica parts and supplies will be affected by whats going on in Japan?

That's an excellent question! No, but I would think it very unlikely that there would NOT be a problem getting the warehouses here restocked once they are out. I would be curious to see how KM and others will be allocating their remaining stocks. Is it first come first serve or is everyone limited.

That's an excellent question! No, but I would think it very unlikely that there would NOT be a problem getting the warehouses here restocked once they are out. I would be curious to see how KM and others will be allocating their remaining stocks. Is it first come first serve or is everyone limited.

All manufacturers will be impacted. Power is shut off in Japan for several hours every day at present.

Yeah, I figured everyone was affected. But how are they going to handle distribution of existing stocks.

I was thinking about this last night. Have e-mailed our distributor for feedback on their stock situation. I am going to double up on my own stock of toner / developer and fast-moving parts anyway. Call me an alarmist - at least I'll be a busy alarmist! :p

Just heard from our distributors - they confirm what Andrew is saying, as well as that the KM plant in Japan was not affected and is fully operational. They're thus not concerned about stock shortages.

Just heard from our distributors - they confirm what Andrew is saying, as well as that the KM plant in Japan was not affected and is fully operational. They're thus not concerned about stock shortages.

Thats not to say their component suppliers are not impacted.

Keep in mind this industry like most works on a just in time manufacturing process, so once each local country depletes stock of toner,parts main units etc there will no doubt be delays.

Anyone saying otherwise is just being polite and not telling you the whole truth.

KM and all of the other manufacturers will be impacted. There will be some stock delays no doubt. You are a fool to think otherwise. id order up some spare toner at a minimum.

Konica is OK. But just had a message from my supplier that Epson Ink Manufacturing has been suspended - we've ordered an extra set for our 9900 just in case!

KM has no impact for the supply of spare parts as she does not have manufacturing plant over that area.

KM has no impact for the supply of spare parts as she does not have manufacturing plant over that area.

please prove this. I think your source is not in the loop my friend.

copy from KM site. There message matches Canon etc etc its polite was to say please bear with us when we run out of toner. It will happen and i will remind you of this post.

“Our executive management here in the United States has been in constant communication with other executives from Konica Minolta in Tokyo obtaining the latest updates possible. At this time there have been no reports of major injuries involving Konica Minolta employees. Our Tokyo offices and facilities have not suffered any major damage. Additionally there has been no reported damage to any of the production plants in Japan”, said Lou Carulli Marketing Manager for Konica Minolta Sensing America’s. “Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families during this very difficult time”.

KMSA will continue to work with their Japanese headquarters to minimize any impact on global operations as the country begins the recovery process.

Last line = we will have problem when translated. Minimize impact = polite way to say we will have problems

Last edited:
please prove this. I think your source is not in the loop my friend.

copy from KM site. There message matches Canon etc etc its polite was to say please bear with us when we run out of toner. It will happen and i will remind you of this post.

“Our executive management here in the United States has been in constant communication with other executives from Konica Minolta in Tokyo obtaining the latest updates possible. At this time there have been no reports of major injuries involving Konica Minolta employees. Our Tokyo offices and facilities have not suffered any major damage. Additionally there has been no reported damage to any of the production plants in Japan”, said Lou Carulli Marketing Manager for Konica Minolta Sensing America’s. “Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families during this very difficult time”.

KMSA will continue to work with their Japanese headquarters to minimize any impact on global operations as the country begins the recovery process.

Last line = we will have problem when translated. Minimize impact = polite way to say we will have problems

All i can say is that, the manufacturing plants for toner and spare parts of KM are in the south part of japan. so the impact is a minimal.

You may wish to read this statement posted on the global corporate Konica Minolta website: Effects of and Measures taken for Earthquake in Northeastern Part of Japan.
Effects of and Measures taken for Earthquake in Northeastern Part of Japan | KONICA MINOLTA. Dated March 16, 2011:

"5. Supply of consumables: The effects on our production capabilities of consumables in Japan are described below.
a. Tatsuno Factory (toner production): There are no adverse effects on production since necessary electricity is supplied by Chubu Electric Power Co. instead of Tokyo Electric Power Co.
b. Kofu Factory (production of toner, developer and organic photo conductor drums): There is an adverse effect due to planned outage of electric power supply by Tokyo Electric Power Co.

We will take the following measures to secure stable supply of our products:
a. We will expect to resume normal production operations from the next week onwards by utilizing our own power generators.
b. We will transfer some toner production operations of Kofu Factory to Tatsuno Factory, which has room for an increase in production, thereby reducing the burden on Kofu Factory."

You may wish to read this statement posted on the global corporate Konica Minolta website: Effects of and Measures taken for Earthquake in Northeastern Part of Japan.
Effects of and Measures taken for Earthquake in Northeastern Part of Japan | KONICA MINOLTA. Dated March 16, 2011:

"5. Supply of consumables: The effects on our production capabilities of consumables in Japan are described below.
a. Tatsuno Factory (toner production): There are no adverse effects on production since necessary electricity is supplied by Chubu Electric Power Co. instead of Tokyo Electric Power Co.
b. Kofu Factory (production of toner, developer and organic photo conductor drums): There is an adverse effect due to planned outage of electric power supply by Tokyo Electric Power Co.

We will take the following measures to secure stable supply of our products:
a. We will expect to resume normal production operations from the next week onwards by utilizing our own power generators.
b. We will transfer some toner production operations of Kofu Factory to Tatsuno Factory, which has room for an increase in production, thereby reducing the burden on Kofu Factory."

So its clear there will be issues. Lets not forget they rely on suppliers as well for raw materials and components etc. None of the statements tell us the impact their suppliers have had.

There will be issues.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back