Kodak ctp

Kodak CTP qualified plate list

Kodak CTP qualified plate list

We can provide that to you directly. However, because we're a truly "open" system provider, the list is EXTENSIVE. If you can tell me the exact model CTP, I'll send you the details.

Kevin.

Kodak's list extensive, but not without a price and red tape!,
Do you have a service agreement on your current device?, If so I believe you are intitled to one media change per contract year, if no agreement get a qoute first the price to change media is expensive.

Older devices (Trendsetters/Lotems) may not be qualified with the latest plate (Azura TS).

good luck

Do you have a service agreement on your current device?, If so I believe you are intitled to one media change per contract year, if no agreement get a qoute first the price to change media is expensive.

Older devices (Trendsetters/Lotems) may not be qualified with the latest plate (Azura TS).

good luck

Lotems and Trendsetters can run the AGFA Azura TS

To reiterate Kevin's point -

Kodak takes great strides to cooperatively qualify 3rd-party
plates on the wide variety of Kodak CTP gear - legacy or new.
Each qualified engine/plate combination has defined settings.

To further Beamer's point, Azura TS is even qualified on the
1st generation 20W thermal imagers of Kodak; the original
Azura required more power, so these 20W heads were an
exception.

Now, Azura TS is cooperatively qualified on the broad Kodak
portfolio of commercial imagers, but not for Kodak's Newspaper
engines: Trendsetter News and Generation News.

Regards,

good luck

Golfprint,
You do not sound a happy bunny. Why are you so bitter? Did you have a bad experience with plates? Explain!

Pach,
Not bitter at all,
Happly running Agfa Azura TS on Trendsetter Spectrum, just question why it took two weeks, 6 phone calls and a nasty gram to be allowed to run this plate even though we knew it was running successfully 60 miles away. According to Agfa there shouldn't have been a issue, but Kodak's data was on the Azura, not the Azura TS and a initially would not grant this media change with out a debris removal kit added, even though 3 other CTP manufacters claimed it not to be required on ther devices.
Eventually it all got sorted out................With out debris removal kit.

GolfPrint:

Sorry to hear you had delays in implementing your chosen solution.

Without naming brands, can you explain how you and your pressroom
are happy with the Azura TS solution, in comparison with your previous
plate process and experience?

Thank you in advance.

SteveAgfa

Azura TS has performed well in the following:
200 lpi- no problem
Press roll up - better then previous "wet" solution
Consistent Batch to Batch
Visable image
Stores well for reprints
Easy clean up in Gum/Rinse Unit

Con:
Gum/Rinse yield about 8% less then qouted.

Golfprint:

Thank you for your comments; you've brought up some good points.

Users often comment on Azura as their initial entry into CTP,
or as they turn from a processless (on-press clean-out) to a chem-free solution.

As you point out, even compared to a "traditional" wet or developer-
based systems (in your case, thermal), Azura performs well, and adds
benefits inherent in its design.

The aspects of :

- 200 lpi- no problem
- Better press roll up
- Batch to Batch consistency
- High Contrast Visable image
- Stores easily for reprints
- Easy Gum/Rinse Unit maintenance

are key benefits even over traditional thermal systems,
and underscore Azura as an advantage, not a compromise.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks!

Last edited:
Golfprint:
Thank you for your comments; you've brought some good points.
Users often comment on Azura as their initial entry into CTP,
or as they turn from a processless (on-press clean-out) to a chem-free solution.
As you point out, even compared to a "traditional" wet or developer-based systems (in your case, thermal), Azura performs well, and adds benefits inherent in its design.

The aspects of :

- 200 lpi- no problem
- Better press roll up
- Batch to Batch consistency
- High Contrast Visable image
- Stores easily for reprints
- Easy Gum/Rinse Unit maintenance

are key benefits even over traditional thermal systems,
and underscore Azura as an advantage, not a compromise.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks!

Gee Steve, great to see that by your not including the ":" in front of "Azura" you avoided turning the thread into an advertisement for :Azura. LOL :)

best, gordo

The Golden age of Lithography

The Golden age of Lithography

Hello Mr. SteveAgfa,

Well tell us something New ! -- some enlightenment from the "Golden Age" about fine screen reproduction 300 LPI from 1961 !!!!!!! and on Pre- sensitized Plates, a step-up from "Deep- etch Plates" .

Regards, Alois

Long live "Howson-Algraphy"

Attachments

• Roland News # 1187.pdf
    803.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Roland News # 2188.pdf
    653.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Roland News # 3189.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 259
  • Roland News # 4190.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 222
Alois:

Surely you, the inventor of chromo-lithography in 1806, are not impressed with these efforts 155 years later!

Regards,

Hello Mr. SteveAgfa,

Well tell us something New ! -- some enlightenment from the "Golden Age" about fine screen reproduction 300 LPI from 1961 !!!!!!!

Well you can't beat my 1950s continuous tone offset litho (collotype) print of a Piet Mondriaan painting:
Piet.jpg

reproduced by the New York Graphic Society - who are still in business. No halftone screening at all.

best, gordo

Might want to verify with Kodak the Azura will be approved. We are using them on our Magnus 400 and something about the Teflon or the sheet separators are eating through the tweezers on the system. Kodak has had to train our people on how to replace these tweezers because we do not have tech support on our service agreement, only parts.

Kevin, if I recall your Kodak Newssetter is not an open platform, and right now the only plate "certified" on that device is the Kodak plate.

Trendsetters however are very different, numerous plates are available on those.

Kevin, if I recall your Kodak Newssetter is not an open platform, and right now the only plate "certified" on that device is the Kodak plate.

Trendsetters however are very different, numerous plates are available on those.

Actually, I am happy to say you're incorrect. We're as open on the Newssetter platform as on any other device.

Unfortunately though, the Newssetter is a KPG legacy device that's been discontinued for quite some time now. It was not originally designed to be an open system, so it's capabilities are much more confined than our other platforms - there's only so much we can do, and no further engineering work will be done on improving them. We've actually tested quite a few other plate types on the system, but many have failed for various reasons.

Our SQUAREspot imaging system and Trendsetter and Magnus platforms have huge operating windows, allowing us to qualify a much wider range of products. That's a huge selling point, and also a constant challenge for us - but always a win for our customers.

Just yesterday I got dragged into a key customer account where our competitor is using FUD and threats about damage to the CTP to try to keep us from selling violet plates in that account. Beware of closed systems... they'll limit your business sometime in the future.

Kevin.

Kevin I agree beware of closed systems, and yes Konica is even going thru the certification right now on the newssetter, will report back once its completed...with luck there will be two plates that can go on that device.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back