Kodak EVO and Alwan Color Device link profiles

JRom

Anyone using DVLs on the fly in plating with any success ?

And if so what DVLs are you using, Profilewizard ? Link O Later or something else ??

I was having good results with Alwan colors DVLs but not since an upgrade to our EVO.
Not getting expected results through EVO, only DVL that doesnt work is my Alwan.

I am using Photoshop with a profile to profile conversion and then running the same file through EVO and getting invented
color through EVO. Not even close to what Photoshop is giving me with the same source and destination profiles and rendering intent.
Posterization, over saturated and some other funky stuff going on.

I am conemplating purchasing ProfileWizard and there is a upgrade to EVO we still have to do before I press proof again.

So who is playing with DVLs in EVO......anyone ?

John

Re: Kodak EVO and Alwan Color Device link profiles

Harry

No I have not tried it yet, But I shouldnt need to.
EVO has the ability to use DVLs but not 3rd party DVLs.
Not exactly sure if its onlyl Alwan that it has issues with but ProfileWizards DVLs work fine.

I also dont want to manage 2 files, Id rather do it on the fly as it plates.....much more fun :)

John

I was under the impression that you needed the advanced colour management license to use DVLs in Prinergy. Could be wrong though, worth checking.

Thanks, not sure if its an option but we de have the ability to use them.

EVO just doesnt like all DVL's though, I am waiting on ProfileWizard Mio.

Should be getting it this week and will be testing shortly.

Anyone want to buy ALWAN color Device Link Profiler !

John

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back