Kodak Nexpress and Xerox Igen info needed

offsetflexo

10 mil poly paper is being printed as a sales sample brochure on both types of presses. Having issues with ink blobs and poor print qualities on a good percentage of the stock being run. I would say its about 20% to 25% poor quality when the 500 sheets are getting looked at in QC process.

The presses were used at 2 separate printers.

Not having a lot of history with 10 mil poly ( i know there is static), is this common issues to occur?

Seems when the brochures are getting spiral bound, the handling causes a lot of scratches on the black solid areas as well

We have a Nexpress and the printing of poly stocks is definitely a weakness. If the stock is not RIT certified, Kodak will be of little assistance. If the stock is RIT certified for the NP, I would check with the stock manufacturer and/or Kodak to see if they have any suggestions as to a starting point for your settings.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back