Kodak Sonora X vs Fuji Superia Z vs AGFA Eclipse - Your Thoughts

rhayling

Hello All,

We are looking to move to process free plates and are considering those mentioned above.

I am hoping that some member have tested and used these plates and can give insight to the pro and cons.

Feel free to advise on any other plate type that you think should be considered.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Ryan

Dear Ryan, good day. Ryan we have many customer using Kodak Sonora News for newspapers and other using Sonora X in commercial shops. They are working very well with plates, and is important that you know that are coming a new Sonora XP, stronger than Sonora X.
I did not see the performance of Fuji, or Agfa plates but additional points are the price, the easy way to develop the plate, number of prints, and what are the condition to get a good image on the plate.

I hope this information helps you to decide what plate you use. Bye

I would like to add, what presses are you using the plates on, too. As we all know, some plates work better on some presses than others.

Dear Ryan, good day. Ryan we have many customer using Kodak Sonora News for newspapers and other using Sonora X in commercial shops. They are working very well with plates, and is important that you know that are coming a new Sonora XP, stronger than Sonora X.
I did not see the performance of Fuji, or Agfa plates but additional points are the price, the easy way to develop the plate, number of prints, and what are the condition to get a good image on the plate.

I hope this information helps you to decide what plate you use. Bye

Thank you for the information, did you encounter any issues with the Kodak Sonora XP?

I would like to add, what presses are you using the plates on, too. As we all know, some plates work better on some presses than others.

Hello Scots,

We have a Heidelberg SM 8 and a Heidelberg XL 75, Kodak 400 trendsetters as CTP .

Regards,

Ryan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back