Kodak Workshop and Snow Leopard

Sharon

Help! I am new this forum so please bare with me. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard. I had an issue with Kodak Workshop but followed instructions to install Java 5. Worked wonderful. But now when I try to create in imposition in workshop it will not launch into preps????? It's telling me "Couldn't successfully startup or quit the application because of a Mac OS Error. Result Code = -1700. Or another error message I get is "Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error. Result Code = -1700.

Anyone come across this before??????

Can you launch Preps by itself outside of Prinergy? Also, what version of Preps are you using?

Also, Snow Leopard does not have AppleTalk so that could possibly be playing a role in the problem.

And what version of Prinergy?

There is a small bug in Prinergy 5 that can give you fits if you are connecting to the Prinergy network shares as SMB via the IP address. The solution is to use the name of the server instead of the IP address.

Sharon,

Do you have Rosetta installed? If not, that may be your issue. I know Preps 5, (not sure about Preps 6) is still a PowerPC app, so it requires OSX to run Rosetta in the background which supports older PowerPC apps. The first time you try to launch Preps, the OS should alert you to whether or not you want to install it.

I'm running 10.6, and Preps 5 works fine but I had to install Rosetta first.

Cheers,
Eric

Can't launch Workshop now

Can't launch Workshop now

I was able to get into Preps last week. Now today for some reason when I try to open Workshop it automatically quits on me. Has this happened to anyone else?????

This adjustment into Snow Leopard is killing me!
:confused:

Yes, same thing happen here. On PC workstation no problem but when in Mac OS 10.6 Snow leopard, it would just quit without any notice or message prompt. :(

Can you launch Preps by itself outside of Prinergy? Also, what version of Preps are you using?

Also, Snow Leopard does not have AppleTalk so that could possibly be playing a role in the problem.

And what version of Prinergy?

There is a small bug in Prinergy 5 that can give you fits if you are connecting to the Prinergy network shares as SMB via the IP address. The solution is to use the name of the server instead of the IP address.

I actually figured out the problem with this. The name of the file had a "#" sign in it. Once I renamed the file it was fine. Go figure.....

I actually figured out the problem with this. The name of the file had a "#" sign in it. Once I renamed the file it was fine. Go figure.....

I ran into a different problem about a week ago due to the # sign in the file name. Prinergy refined it but wouldn't make the VPS.

How do I find the download for Rosetta. I went on Apples website and it's not very friendly about Rosetta. I can't find a download for it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back