Komori damp chromes sensitive

tambo

Running a newer 29" Komori, and the dampener chrome rollers continually are getting sensitive. It happens on the run, but more so if there are frequent feeder trips. When this happens, we get scumming on the sheet. It can happen to any colour. We've tried different fountain solution (monitored PH and cond.) and different inks but still are sensitive? We also tried a chrome desensitizer and chrome cleaner. Any suggestions?

I feel your pain! I to run a new LS 8/40 and the I fought this for two months. It has to do with ink and chemistry. I have come to terms that Komori is a really sensitive press. Espeacially when it comes to calcium inriched paper. I have a 2000 CD 102 and have no problems what so ever. One suggestion I have is to gum the chromes up every night !

Prisco Chrome Roller cleaner cut 50/50 with water. Apply with a cotton pad at the end of every washup. Don't wipe it off. Just let the metering roller clean it off when you start up the next job.

Tip: Shake the bottle upside down VERY well. It will settle to the bottom.

I've been doing this for 22 years on our Komori with no problems. I ran out last week and I had buildup the first day.

Dave

Sensitive Chromes

Sensitive Chromes

Definitely use a good chrome cleaner before starting up first thing or putting to bed. Might keep an eye on how much washup solution is getting onto the chromes or in the water, also.

Sensitive chrome rolloers

Sensitive chrome rolloers

Running a newer 29" Komori, and the dampener chrome rollers continually are getting sensitive. It happens on the run, but more so if there are frequent feeder trips. When this happens, we get scumming on the sheet. It can happen to any colour. We've tried different fountain solution (monitored PH and cond.) and different inks but still are sensitive? We also tried a chrome desensitizer and chrome cleaner. Any suggestions?

We have been running a L628 for 12 yrs., we have had similiar issues in the past.
Try running Allied High Fidelity fountain solution, we use it as a one-step.
The press operators rarely have to clean the chromes after switching to this product.

I have been running Komori's for 19 years and have had this problem also. Here is a 100% cure. Finish your wash up with a mix of 50/50 water and vinegar, damps engaged of coarse.

litherone 28 and spica wash method

I found that komori brass and chrome roller (s). are very sensitive, and I found at end of day doing a double wash with water and vinager, it will make a big differance but must ingage form rollers and damp rollers when washing by turning water off on console and actually going to the the units to ingage forms. But when my chromes get bad RC 95 them and wash rollers with prisco 50/50 blend.

I found that komori brass and chrome roller (s). are very sensitive, and I found at end of day doing a double wash with water and vinager, it will make a big differance but must ingage form rollers and damp rollers when washing by turning water off on console and actually going to the the units to ingage forms. But when my chromes get bad RC 95 them and wash rollers with prisco 50/50 blend. I have found that you cant rush washups. It will only give you greif if you do on those presses.

damps getting sensitive

damps getting sensitive

Ive only run one Komori press in my 30+ years , but I did run into this problem , as stated by others above the crome roller cleaner ( with consistency) and the vinegar and water seem to keep them running clean.....I know after a wash-up no one like to do an extra step but wiping the cromes with the crome roller cleaner is worth the extra few minutes when your in the middle of a production run later on........

Here's a suggestion, never buy another komori. Sounds like a right dogs dinner

Hmmmmm... I'm guessing you have never actually run a Komori then?? The issues discussed in the OP and the relevent replies have one common factor, and this factor can be an issue on ANY press in the world. Its a simple chemistry issue. If your water fountain chemistry is not matched with your ink, every press in the world barring a letterpress will give you headaches. We had some issues with chromes inking up and the resultant scumming when we first installed both our Komoris, but working with the ink supplier saw the issue resolved within days.

Tambo: We run Hostmann Steinberg "impression" series ink, and a Fount called "Combifix". We fun IPA at 8%, do around 150-200,000 impressions per day on the 40" i run, and the chromes stay clean and perfect all day, and at end of day the metering rollers have virtually no ink on them at all.

Talk to your ink supplier, and trial founts until you find the one that suits you. Ensure that all your roller settings are within factory specs, or there is a fair chance you will be chasing your tail round, which wont help get it sorted!

Here's a suggestion, never buy another komori. Sounds like a right dogs dinner
Sounds like a response from a non-Komori user with a very closed mind, I hope you never have to apply for a job other than the current place you are employed, In my experience, an attitude of not willing to expand your horizons, doesn't bode well with most employers. Good Luck.

I have had many co-workers over my thirty plus years in printing that will always blame a press manufactuer first, and not their own bad habits, procedures or materials.

Be sure to check your roller stripes, somewhere you have some ink build up. especially to the plate you mite have no stripes or to big of a stripe, i've been running a komori for a 11 years now. the press i'm running is newer have seen this before. Also up your fountain solution just a lil though. chrome roller cleaner usually does the trick, sounds like something is out of adjustment.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back