Konica c5501 - error c-6708 after moving

Hey Guys,
Yesterday I bought a used c5501 w/ic-305 with 170k clicks on it, tested it before taking delivery, worked perfect, put in a box truck and brought it back to the office. After reconnecting the lu-202 and 607 and turning it back on I get error c-6708. Any ideas, I'm planning on putting it on a maintenance contract but want to get it up and running asap. Any ideas?
Thanks

A quick google search came up with these possibilities...

1. At power up the exposure lamp moves to the left to perform shading correction, but the lamp never lights. Failed exposure lamp or Inverter board.
Replace Exposure Lamp (p/n A03U M301 01) or Inverter Board (p/n A03U M405 00) as necessary.

2. ICP1 or ICP2 has failed (OPEN) on the CCD.
Verify that ICP1 or ICP2 is OPEN and replace the CCD (p/n A03U A290 00) if necessary.

3. ICP2 on the IFB has failed (OPEN).
Verify that ICP2 is OPEN and replace the IFB (p/n A03U H100 01) if necessary.

4. ICP1 or ICP2 on the IPB (located on the opposite side of the ribbon cable connection) has failed (OPEN).
Verify that ICP1 or ICP2 is and replace the IPB (p/n A03U H020 15) if necessary.

5. The CCD wiring is poorly connected or damaged.
Reseat connection ribbon cable (p/n A03U N133 00) on the CCD unit and the IPB, inspect for damage and replace if necessary

Here is the info out of the 6500 tech manual. May be slightly different from 5501 but it gives you a good place to start.

Causes
AOC/AGC adjustment abnormality
• Blocking cover and lens
cover of scanner section are
out of place.
• CCD board (CCDB) connector
is disconnected.
• CCDB power cable is disconnected.
• CCDB IC protector is broken.
• Quantity of light of exposure
lamp (L1) is excess.
• L1 does not light up.

Estimated abnormal parts
Image processing board
(IPB)
I/F board (IFB)
Image memory control board
(IMCB)
Overall control board (OACB)
Scanner drive board (SCDB)
Printer control board (PRCB)
Inverter board/1 (INVB1)

This pretty much means that you're going to need a qualified Tech to fix the issue

qualified techs are overrated..
they read out of a manual like everyone else.

does someone have a service manual for mattsou?

If I were to guess I would wager that something was shaken loose during moving, most likely in the scanning assembly, possibly a connector. Does the scanning bed move or light up when you power on the machine?

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it, nothing like buying your first machine only to get it back and it won't run. A tech just left said it was either the ccd unit or the main board. He was ordering a ccd unit and ribbon cable to try tomorrow. The scanner lamp comes on during startup and as it starts to move throws the code. Although not a copier tech, my first profession was an IT Consultant which I did for 14 years.
Yeah since it worked fine before moving I can only assume something jarred loose but since i don't have a service manual I'm not about to start taking stuff apart. I have no plans on using the scanner, does anyone know how to disable it? Since they sell the unit without the scanner as well I'm assuming there would be a way to disable it.
Thanks!

To my knowledge there is no way to disable the CCD assembly. If you would like, pm me.
I have a copy of the manual.

Well after several techs trying to fix it, nobody could ever get it working, granted the tech had never seen the error and tried what was in the service manual. I've since partnered with a local printer and am going that route instead however does any body know anyone who buys these things if they're throwing codes and refurbs them. When I picked it up it worked perfect, no streaking or anything, good solids and gradients, now just the 6708 error code.
Thanks

This error is still happening? Is it coding out all the time? or just once and a while. It sounds to me like a something got bumped loose during the move, Connectors or something the scanner. Do you know what was replaced?

Hey Emtri,
Thanks for responding again! It error's out constantly, they never could get it working. They tried replacing ribbon cable, ccd, inverter board. They were going to replace the ipb however they were on backorder and I didn't necessarily want to spend 5k and not be guaranteed it wouldn't be fixed. The last tech basically told me sometimes they're just not fixable. Yeah I still think something jarred loose, I just don't see how moving a machine could cause a solid state board to go out, I could be wrong though. It looks like it took a slight bump on the back left corner, probably what either jarred something loose or maybe misaligned the scanner, not sure. Although looking directly above the scanner into mirror I can see the ccd perfect square.
Thanks

Does the lamp assembly light up or move when the machine is turned on? Do you know the service history of this machine? Assuming there wasn't some pre existing issue, I too doubt its a board. Have you guys tried reseating all the connectors all the related boards. I would also check the writing from the PCB to the boarded that controls the CCD assembly (if memory serves there should be two?) Back left if your standing behind the machine? (where the tower for the control panel is?) if so there are some boards right under the tower for the control panel that may have been bumped loose. For a machine that only has 170k on it, I assume this machine/issue is fixable

The lamp lights up and then moves to the right then back to the left then the screen says "Please wait now adjusting" then goes to code c-6708. The 2nd tech that came out was from Konica and when I setup the service call they said the machine had up until a few months prior a full service contract so I'm assuming it was working fine or would had been fixed under the contract. It however has never had a pm done though. Back left if you're standing in front, on the side of the finisher. If only there was a way to just disable the scanner or skip the auto adjust, it'd probably work fine. I've tried reseating most of the wires on the main boards, I think I'll give it another shot though, maybe missed something first time.
Thanks

My memory of what parts are in the ccd assembly and so forth is a bit rusty, but it sounds like it is the home prehaps something under the glass was bumped out of place. Usually when a sensor cant find something within X time, it throws an error code. Also if a sensor is disconnected or bad wiring the same thing can occur.

Ok, thanks I'll have to trace wires again to double check, would really like to get it working. do you know of a company that buys these and refurbs them if I can't get it fixed?

There are, I am sure a few in whatever area you are in. Off hand I dont know any companies that go past the local market.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back