Konica C5501 vs C6501?

andrewong

This may seem like a simple question, but I haven't been able to find any documentation outside of Konica produced materials that highlight the differences between the C5501 vs the C6501.

I currently work at a small print shop and my boss is thinking about upgrading. Most of the research I have found seems to focus on the c6501. Is there really a big difference between the two machines in a real production environment?

I am most concerned about color, quality and reliability. Of course cost is going to be part of the final decision as well.

You are limited to a catch tray or FS-607 on the 5501. Other than that, yeah 10 pages a min. I would say that the 5501 click rate would be higher.

Quality?

Quality?

Hi, The company I work for has just bought a KM 5501 pro. Should arrive soon. Does anyone know what sort of registration tolerance I should expect? It looks fantastic in the showroom, but don't they always? I am just a bit nervous about quality (although it is a bit late now) as we have had limited success with KM in the past.

Hi, The company I work for has just bought a KM 5501 pro. Should arrive soon. Does anyone know what sort of registration tolerance I should expect? It looks fantastic in the showroom, but don't they always? I am just a bit nervous about quality (although it is a bit late now) as we have had limited success with KM in the past.

Good question. I would also like to have the answer on this one.

The machines are identical except for speed and limited finishing on the in 5501. The reason that the click costs are higher on the 5501 is that engine itself is running at the same speed as the 6501 but the gap between the sheets is wider thus reducing the speed.

So the speed of the parts wear is the same on both machines but obviously you would'nt gain the same revenue from 5501 due to reduced sheets. The efficiency of the parts is 25% less on a 5501 than 6501 even tho it's just 10 sheets slower, which I find pretty ridiculous.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back