Konica Minolta 12000 random spots

Iceprinter

Hello guys :)
Our new Konica Minolta 12000 is doing this: (see photos)
Random spots all over. You can almost crop the spot of the paper. Spots, like there is something in the toner or in the developer. The cyan was doing this (only cyan) and the tech-guy changed out the cyan developer unit and it seem to go away. Now it seems to be in the magenta unit.
Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 16.32.11.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 16.32.02.png

I would also suspect developer. If you know how to run test patterns, you can do that to take a closer look at each color to verify if any other colors may be affected before you call out service. I think you might want pattern 43, but don't quote me on that. I know the pattern I'm thinking of outputs CMYK solids as well as RGB mixes.

just create a PDF file with CMYK of 40% each and print them, best way to find out what color makes the problem
this is what i do every time before i call tech and i tell him what color makes the problem

Developer should be easy since it's a small roller. If it repeats in the circumference of the developer roller it's the developer. That said, I think it's your transfer belt, not your developer

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back