Konica Minolta Bizhub C6000

willvp2408

Hello,

Does anybody have any experience with this new machine?
If so do you have the relay unit or decurler installed on it and does it work?
Trying to decide on this machine or a Xerox Color 550 with an standard finisher installed on it. I am leaning towards the KM for a few reasons. Just want to see what someone with this machine has to say.

Thanks !

We looked at the 7000, same as the 6000 just faster. prints were good. seemed like a good unit. ended up with an 8000 and a five year contract. installing it tomorrow.

We've been running a KM 1050 b/w workhorse and a KM C500 color. The C500 is old, so we're getting a KM C6501 installed next week - I can't wait. The color output is good, the machine is made completely out of metal, and it's gonna be paradise compared to the C500.

I really used to be a Xerox gal, but I've really begun to like KMs.

Good luck with your decision.
Cathie

I was x

I was x

Well I too was pro xerox. Now that I have had a chance to look and feel both machine out. Right off the bat the KM machine is 220 and the x is 110. That tells me right there that the KM is built for the long haul. Once you open them up the difference is night and day as far as metal parts inside. By this I mean metal and not plastic. As far as the 8000, thats out of my price range right now. I just want a machine to replace my POS ricoh 5560v. I have to make color copies to get a good looking black out of this thing. So anybody else that has a c6000 I would love to hear you thoughts as well.

Thanks !!

Well I too was pro xerox. Now that I have had a chance to look and feel both machine out. Right off the bat the KM machine is 220 and the x is 110. That tells me right there that the KM is built for the long haul. Once you open them up the difference is night and day as far as metal parts inside. By this I mean metal and not plastic. As far as the 8000, thats out of my price range right now. I just want a machine to replace my POS ricoh 5560v. I have to make color copies to get a good looking black out of this thing. So anybody else that has a c6000 I would love to hear you thoughts as well.

Thanks !!

The predecessor of the Xerox 560, the DocuColor 260 needed 220V. Now, Xerox found a way to reduce electricity consumption by reformulating the toner and adjustments to the engine, making the Xerox 560 a 110V. Isn't 110V greener? Maybe in a few years KM will get the technology to run their 60ppm in 110V.

If you remove the plastic covers of the Xerox 560, all you see behind it is metal. Believe me, none of these machines (any brand) are made out of plastic, what you see are just the covers. I've never seen the inside of a KM C6000, but I wonder if they just saved some money by not putting plastic covers in their engine and make it look tougher. Just a guess.

What's important to me as far as metal vs. plastic are the trays. Our Xerox had plastic trays and they would break occasionally. The KM is completely metal inside the trays which makes them very strong and sturdy. But like I said, I really did love my Xerox Docucolor. As with any machine, KM, Xerox, Ricoh, whatever, downtime is always the biggest problem. So service is imperative no matter which machine you have.

I'm very interested to see if our new KM 6501 holds up well. We don't run a lot of color, but believe having a machine that has such a better quality than what we had might bring in more jobs. I'm in an in-house setting, so peeps tend to get stuck in their ways, but hopefully the new machine will carry its weight and I'll love it.

I also noticed almost a 200 pound difference in machine weights. The KM being the heavier of the two. We have other 220 machines here and they don't use alot of power. To me that just says its in it for the long haul. I can also tell you I see alot of negative on this forum concerning Xerox. Hardly any bad for KM. I know Xerox has been around a while. Just seems like they act like they are the only ones on the block.

I totally understand. They seem a bit big for their breeches. :) When we were getting quotes from Canon, KM and Xerox, you wouldn't believe the way the Xerox reps treated my boss. She's female, the decision-maker and happened to have another person with her, a male who really doesn't have much to do with the decision, and the reps directed all their answers to the guy when it was my boss who jad asked the questions. They were 15 minutes late and after the meeting, they sent a thank you note to the guy, not my boss. What a couple of idiots. For that alone, they were tossed into the trash immediately, never given any consideration at all.

My x rep

My x rep

I have no problems with my rep. She has been very nice about the whole thing. The only thing I can say about her is she is quick to say yes about stuff I ask her. At this point I believe I know more about her machine then she does. One funny thing she said was hey your competitor down the road got one. So this means if my competitor jumps off a bridge............... you know the rest.

Will - LOL. You simply can't trust reps - they'll say anything they think you want to hear. Sometimes they don't get it quite right...

Reps are like doctors to me I don't trust a thing they say until they can prove it! When we sign for our machine we will make them sign our contract to.

My KM 6500 is coming up on 4 years and I've yet to replace a tray. First I'm ever hearing that trays break. Shows what I know.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back