Konica Minolta c8000

Iceman

Hey guys! :)
My printshop is looking into buying a C8000 machine. Are there any users here that can comment on some issues...?

Quality: offset/litho quality?
Registration and duplexing 300-350g paper
Speed while printing in heavy stock
Bugs?

Any user here who can share some info?

Thanks! :)

I've had one since the end of last year, and installed my second one in January.....3 million clicks later...the short version is that I've been very happy with them. We had some Fiery issues early on, but I expected that with anything new. I duplex 290gsm cover every day, the registration is great. You will be frustrated at first with feed jams, until you straighten out what settings work with your particular stock, but otherwise....I say go for it.

We replaced our NexPress with the C8000 and couldn't be happier. We've only had the machine for 2 months but like what we see so far. The print quality is pretty amazing. We've had to run additional prints on the C8000 on a job that was originally printed offset because we were short on the run count and you'd be hard pressed to tell which is which. As JayDA said, it'll take a little bit of getting used to when it comes to learning what certain stocks tend to do but there's a learning curve with anything new.

Erik

Thanks gentlemen :)

Is it an issue to have the second fuser to get the offset look and feel? Does the single fuser good enough for the quality?

I´m reading a lot off positive things about the c8000 so i´m leaning more to the c8000.

In fact, there are 2 machines that we are thinking about. The c8000 and the new Richo C651EX.

I think the second fusing unit is critical, not necessarily for the offset look and feel, but for speed on heavier stocks. I looked at everything out there before deciding to go with the C8000, nothing Ricoh had to offer even came close....

I'm currently researching the C8000, Ricoh 901s. Also planning to look at Canon 7010
Ran some tests using 12x18 cover and the Ricoh was quite a bit faster. Duplex pages
C8000 = 13ppm
Ricoh 901 = 20ppm

That was my first round of testing, have not performed quality tests yet.

I'm currently researching the C8000, Ricoh 901s. Also planning to look at Canon 7010
Ran some tests using 12x18 cover and the Ricoh was quite a bit faster. Duplex pages
C8000 = 13ppm
Ricoh 901 = 20ppm

That was my first round of testing, have not performed quality tests yet.

I have not seen the 901, but if it's anything like the 900....it's not even close.

Hi,

The bizhub PRESS C8000 is a high-speed color digital press that offers high-quality prints to rival costly offset printing. Print up to 4,800 pages per hour without the need for special training or complex setup. Plus, the C8000 color digital press is reliable and energy efficient.

* 80 ppm output for fast, reliable, high-quality color production printing

* Monthly duty cycle of 500,000-pages

* 3rd-generation Simitri® HD + toner for superior color images

* Offset-quality color at 1,200 dpi with less setup time and supervision

* 10,760 sheet maximum paper capacity with vacuum belt feeding

epson t1285

Is the c8000 able to run at rated speed 8.5x11" on all stock weights?

I can not say for sure, but I will assume not. Generally when they rate these machines for X ppm its based on 8.5x11 20lb bond with X Coverage (20% springs to mind but I could be wrong about that)

I can not say for sure, but I will assume not. Generally when they rate these machines for X ppm its based on 8.5x11 20lb bond with X Coverage (20% springs to mind but I could be wrong about that)

Only reason I was hopeful is because the Xerox products that fit the same market (x8080/x800) both are able to run rated speed on any weight.

I am not 100% sure, you would have to ask the sales people for the other machines..
Even if here is though there would not be much of a difference I would think.

c8000 speed

c8000 speed

you can run 70ppm all the way to 300gsm, i believe it goes to 45 up to 350.... check the substrate assurance guide

Sales Chatter?

Sales Chatter?

Hi,

The bizhub PRESS C8000 is a high-speed color digital press that offers high-quality prints to rival costly offset printing. Print up to 4,800 pages per hour without the need for special training or complex setup. Plus, the C8000 color digital press is reliable and energy efficient.

* 80 ppm output for fast, reliable, high-quality color production printing

* Monthly duty cycle of 500,000-pages

* 3rd-generation Simitri® HD + toner for superior color images

* Offset-quality color at 1,200 dpi with less setup time and supervision

* 10,760 sheet maximum paper capacity with vacuum belt feeding

epson t1285

As a printer company rep myself I hate it when people don't identify themselves on this forum as such and not doing so in their public profile makes it even more obvious. The spirit of PrintPlanet should be info sharing not sales pitches.

Is the c8000 able to run at rated speed 8.5x11" on all stock weights?

It runs at 80 ppm up to 100# text, 70 ppm up to 110# cover, and 45 ppm up to 130# cover (note that the Ricoh C901 does not run more than 110# cover).

To fuse on heavier paper, you either have to increase the dwell time or heat vs. lighter paper. There are 2 technologies out there for maintaining speed on heavy stocks:

Dual Fusers: Light paper runs through the first fuser and bypasses the second fuser, while heavy paper runs through both fusers to increase the dwell time. The benefits of using dual fusers are less image defects and substrate issues related to high fusing temperatures, and running mixed media at rated speeds. With dual fusers, you can run 100# cover and 100# text in the same job without slowing down, as the 100# cover passes through both fusers while the 100# text only passes through the first fuser - there is no pause for the fusers to heat up or cool down because the second fuser remains at temperature and is simply bypassed by the lighter paper. The disadvantage of using 2 fusers is that there still must be some increments in speed throughout the stock range in order to keep the temperatures low, which you see in the C8000 speed range I referenced above. The KM C8000 and Canon C7010 use dual fusers.

Single Fuser, Variable Temperature: All paper runs through a single fuser and the heat ouput is varied by paper weight. The benefits of using one fuser is that you can run a full range of stocks at rated speed. The disadvantage here is that if you are running mixed media, production halts to heat up and cool down. If you are running 100# cover and 100# text in this system, it will have to stop, heat up, run the 100# cover, stop, cool down, and return to running the 100# text. You also will have higher overall temperatures, which effects image quality and can over-dry and warp papers more easily. The Ricoh C901 and Xerox 800 use a single fuser.

The Xerox boxes will allow you to switch to mixed media mode which will decrease your ppm speed but will allow you to run different stock weights without pausing for the fuser to adjust.

I've had one since the end of last year, and installed my second one in January.....3 million clicks later...the short version is that I've been very happy with them. We had some Fiery issues early on, but I expected that with anything new. I duplex 290gsm cover every day, the registration is great. You will be frustrated at first with feed jams, until you straighten out what settings work with your particular stock, but otherwise....I say go for it.

Hi Jay
What devices were you running prior to buying the 8000?
We run several KM6500's so the 8000 would be our primary device. (100k clicks per month)
I like the test prints I have seen so far although wish the finish were a little less glossy.
Do you do any wafer seal/tabbing? any trouble with adhesion to the toner?
Also, do you do any UV coating?
thanks

As a printer company rep myself I hate it when people don't identify themselves on this forum as such and not doing so in their public profile makes it even more obvious. The spirit of PrintPlanet should be info sharing not sales pitches.

I think you might have missed the point. If you look at his posts they are all just copied and pasted from brochures/websites. The actual point of his post is the link spam at the foot of his email, which is vaguely print related. The copy and pasted material is to make his post look vaguely on topic. Wake up mr moderator and ban this muppet.

I think you might have missed the point. If you look at his posts they are all just copied and pasted from brochures/websites. The actual point of his post is the link spam at the foot of his email, which is vaguely print related. The copy and pasted material is to make his post look vaguely on topic. Wake up mr moderator and ban this muppet.

You're so right, I missed that altogether!

The Xerox boxes will allow you to switch to mixed media mode which will decrease your ppm speed but will allow you to run different stock weights without pausing for the fuser to adjust.

This is true. I haven't had the opportunity to see this on the 800/1000 specifically, but in past models it was very dependent on how large of a difference in paper weights there was across the media being used. I assume this to still be the case, although it is a very good feature.

Regardless the main point still holds true that you have full productivity with 2 fusers and a loss of productivity (although less drastic in some scenarios with Xerox's technology) when using a single fuser.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back