Konica Minolta Toner vs Indigo Liquid Ink

waterfall

Hello,

We purchased a Konica Minolta 1060 and will receive it in May. After doing some more research, now see that the Indigo output results in a much flatter finish than the Konica which is more glossy.

Since the Indigo was not in our budget and we are just getting started with printing. we didn't have to much of a choice anyways. But I would like to know, are there any particular areas where we should not try to market ourselves because the glossier finish will be less than desired?

We are initially looking at doing invitation cards, envelope printing, photos on cardstock and booklets / programs.

We also purchased a Duplo 616 Pro to have alongside the printer.

Thank You

I have yet in all the years of digital printing had a single customer refuse a job do to gloss. As a matter of fact it is just the opposite.

As far as I have head the Indigo is the gold standard, we had one from 2001 to 2012 and then switched to a Xerox digital 2 years ago and have had no complaints . . .

But then we also offer conventional litho and some customers still want that due to gamut considerations and exceedingly high quality requirements (BMW worldwide for one)

I've had the opportunity to test drive the KM 1060 last summer, driving a 1085 now. Of course, it will not ruin Indigo's reputation qualitywise, but it's much easier to maintain, etc. Regarding surface properties, you can play around (carefully) with the fusing temperature a bit, going from almost offset-like dull finish to shiny gloss like Xeroxes produce. Of course you have to re-calibrate for the chosen temp, as the color is changing/darkening as you go higher.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back