Konica Plates going to SLP

Printlifer

ah yes, fewer choices, less competition, more closures, fewer jobs. Fine products written off as they do not fit "synergy" of the new owners plans. Client/sales list the driving force of the buy out. If you cant beat them, buy them out and close them, despite the nicey, nicey words from the respective companies. We have seen it before...Creo/Kodak, Western/Lastra/Gagfa.... so on and so forth.

Thats ok... Digital Presses are eating the "big/old irons" lunch over and over again. Keep it up plate suppliers! dig your own grave.....

..I recall the ancient e-stat plates of the 70's...no film, no stripping, no "metal" plates as hand writing on the wall technology wise. Now a cousin of the e-stat process (Digital presses) is driving the nail in plates coffin and the plate manufacturers are holding the hammer!

Printlifer, I would like to point out that SLP buying KMGI is a great synergy, and they are doing everything in their powers to transition both companies together with service and sales from both companies that will accommodate not only existing KMGI customers, but also SLP customers. The transition phase is never easy, but I believe wholeheartedly that they have taken the right steps, time and consideration in moving forward in the best manner possible, that will not only benefit existing customers of both companies, but future customers as well. The move was excellent in my opinion, and will prove to be incredibly beneficial. You take two core companies and create one the correct way as they are doing, and you have one company thats not only stronger than ever, but can meet and exceed the needs of the customer base, not only with a product base second to none, but also with a service organization that too is second to none. A truly caring company, a family if you will, that treats their customers right, and makes sure it stays that way.

So no worries about the two companies coming together, I believe you will find that it ends up working out quite well.

Also while I am at it, while the digital market is indeed growing there will always be a market for digital and analog print capabilities, and filling that void will be the likes of SLP, Agfa, Kodak, Fuji, etc....while there is a growing demand for the digital market, the print market as we see it today may thrive alot more than you think, and in my opinion will be around alot longer than you or I are on this planet.

So rest easy my friend....its a great day, where two great companies come together as one, sharing the same outlook, and the same drive and motivation to do it right the first time, everytime, and take care of those who they believe are included within the family structure of SLP, the customers.

Well KMGI Sales guy..Maybe YOUR job secure (for a while anyway). How about the folks on the plate lines at Konica? Or the chem mixers, or the purchasing staff, QA/QC? Your reply was straight out the manual as written for you by your bosses and marketing "Great Synergy"...yeah right.

"So no worries about the two companies coming together, I believe you will find that it ends up working out quite well."

Quite well for whom? Sales people ..maybe for a while. The execs? for a while. They just get recycled to the other plate manufacturers.

"A truly caring company, a family if you will, that treats their customers right, and makes sure it stays that way."

Gee .... no mention of the EMPLOYEES at all!

"Also while I am at it, while the digital market is indeed growing there will always be a market for digital and analog print capabilities, and filling that void will be the likes of SLP, Agfa, Kodak, Fuji, etc....while there is a growing demand for the digital market, the print market as we see it today may thrive alot more than you think, and in my opinion will be around alot longer than you or I are on this planet."

Yeah right your digital/analog is growing to a point of saturation and way over supply. Golly ... ran out of names after SLP, Agfa, Kodak, Fuji?? (Cause there are no other real "players".) Well offset is crumbling slowly but surely. BLah BLah Blah offset press speeds, Blah offset quality, Blah blah. I knew in the 90's that digital presses, hybid presses, Flexo, and even wide format would overtake offset. And yes it will in our lifetime. Go peddle you plates in China..Oh wait!!! they make plates in China already so no need to peddle then there..LOL. SLPs nect move ..to Asia for manufacturing..so what about the plant they just built? Makes a nice write off and charge.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back