konika minolta c6000 vs. xerox x700 vs canon imagepress c1+

I am looking at getting a new machine. I am battling out these three machines:

1. Konika Minolta c6000
2. Canon Imagepress c1+
3. Xerox x700.

I was looking to see if anyone has any of these machines and their thought about it and why they choice this one over other options.

Any help would be great. Currently have an older canon and not the most happy with it.

xerox ron better when you purchase xerox paper which usually costs more money.
Image press is good, tabs are more difficult to set up on the Cano than on the Konica machine.

Well it's a bit like this really, do a forum search for the x700 and I think you will come to same conclusion as everyone else. As for the C1+, I haven't seen one in action but Im told it does about 2 SRA3's a min.

We are in the same boat, Xerox 550, Canon 6010, Canon C1+, and Konica Minolta 6501. We have a Xerox 242 but it is a piece of crap, so I don't want to stay with Xerox for the 550 because it is basically the same machine with different toner and shell. On the Xerox 242 we have constant color shift and registration problems, and I don't believe the 550 is going to be any different if we stay with Xerox. The color with Canon is really good, but I am worried about service and support on the machine. We are going to test the Konica Minolta 6501 soon to see how it compares in color quality and consistency.

Last edited:
I would stay away from the X700, we have had one for almost 2 years and they cannot make it work, a client of mine has the C1+ and he told me its not meant for production work.
I have run samples on the Minolta C6000 and found it to be really good for the price point

Ian

I am looking at getting a new machine. I am battling out these three machines:

1. Konika Minolta c6000
2. Canon Imagepress c1+
3. Xerox x700.

I was looking to see if anyone has any of these machines and their thought about it and why they choice this one over other options.

Any help would be great. Currently have an older canon and not the most happy with it.

I love the print quality of my C1+ but it has not been reliable and needs tons of service. Here in Boston, Canon Business Solutions simply isn't equipped to service the machine. They seem to have neither the manpower nor the know-how. After a year and a half, and about 120k color clicks, the machine has been down for the better part of two weeks. Caveat emptor.

Konica c7000

Konica c7000

We installed a Konica C7000p (printer only version) three weeks ago and have been very happy with it. So far we have put around 50,000 prints on it. We have the external Fiery with sequence, the large paper decks and the 5,000 sheet stacker. Color is fantastic and it measures the fused print on the fly with the IDC unit. We have the paper heater and the decurling station with humidification.

I would strongly recommend this unit over the 6501. the upgrades have been significant.

Dan Flatt
Multi Media Services
Corning, NY

Canon C1+ is not even close to the same league as the Konica or the Xerox...

Yes it does 18 A4 prints per minute on bond (plain paper)...

As soon as you go to gloss, even light weight gloss, that goes down to about 10 A4 page per minute (5 A3 pages)...

heavyweight gloss will be about 3-4 A3 pages per minute, and if you want to print duplex on gloss then you go down to 1.5 A3 pages per minute...

Thats a blistering 90 sheets per hour, or if you want to print say 10,000 double sided DL's, that will take you about 18 hours!

Last edited:
Cannon c6000 vs Konica Minolta c6500

Cannon c6000 vs Konica Minolta c6500

I am in the market for a digital printer that is able to handle 14pt c2s duplex with tight registration and give me quality in color and speed... p.s. able to handle variable data.

the two mentioned machines are where i am at, unless anyone has any different preference or advise. thank you.

Factoring cost and service plan to be able to compete with whats out there.

thank you.

I am in the market for a digital printer that is able to handle 14pt c2s duplex with tight registration and give me quality in color and speed... p.s. able to handle variable data.

the two mentioned machines are where i am at, unless anyone has any different preference or advise. thank you.

Factoring cost and service plan to be able to compete with whats out there.

thank you.

I don't think any of the 2 machines you are looking at can officially handle 14 pt stock.

Remember, points is a measurement of thickness and the same machines are rated in paper weight.

I think that the KM C8000 can handle up to 350gsm (14pts more/less). The Xerox 800/1000 and iGen family can handle that too.

Take a look at the Ricoh 901. In our recent demo we ran 14 pt stock duplexed and the color and registration were dead on.

We installed a Konica C7000p (printer only version) three weeks ago and have been very happy with it. So far we have put around 50,000 prints on it. We have the external Fiery with sequence, the large paper decks and the 5,000 sheet stacker. Color is fantastic and it measures the fused print on the fly with the IDC unit. We have the paper heater and the decurling station with humidification.

I would strongly recommend this unit over the 6501. the upgrades have been significant.

Dan Flatt
Multi Media Services
Corning, NY

Greetings. Before buying Konica C7000, which digital printing machines you were using. What is the price of the machine with external fiery & click charges. Did you see demo of Konica 8000 also.

We have a Xerox 700 bought a year ago there are 2.3 million sheets of
paper through it 8.5x11 to 12x18. It has provided good service and quality.
The main selling point has been the service I rate the service as very good.
Good response time and knowledgeable Techs.

Greetings. Before buying Konica C7000, which digital printing machines you were using. What is the price of the machine with external fiery & click charges. Did you see demo of Konica 8000 also.

We have a CLC-5000 and a 5180 but we also have a 3404 DI waterless 4 color press.

Price was around $100,000 and toner inclusive service was around $.045 per 11x17 side.

We have a CLC-5000 and a 5180 but we also have a 3404 DI waterless 4 color press.

Price was around $100,000 and toner inclusive service was around $.045 per 11x17 side.

Thanks. I am grateful to you for sharing your experience with us.

What is your Rip model no. Please also let me know click charge for black. Are you able to use more than 300gsm board occassionly.Did you consider Konica Minolta 8000 before purchasing 7000.What was the offer on 8000 for the machine & click charges. As we need to print 350gsm also, can we manage with 7000.
If the above information can't be shared on the Forum, please email me.
My email id is [email protected]. Thanks once again for the help.

Help Needed

I am confused in Konica C7000 with Creo and Canon 7010vp with Fiery. Experienced users please help

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back