Kyocera Enters Production Inkjet Market

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Kyocera has announced the launch of its first inkjet production print device—the TASKalfa Pro 15000c—moving into a whole new area of business—production print. Targeting transactional, trans-promotional and direct-mail applications, the 1500c features a warm-up time of 120 seconds or less, and a time to first print in black or color, of 5.5 seconds or less; and features unique inkjet print heads & technology developed by Kyocera.

Key features of the TASKalfa Pro 15000c include:
  • Fiery® controller manages the print queue & complex workflows,
  • Speed: Color/Black—Letter: 146ppm, Legal: 98ppm, 11”x17”:86 ppm, 12”x18” 74ppm,
  • Warm Up Time: 120 seconds or less from Power-on,
  • First Page Out: black/color print: 5.5 seconds,
  • Resolution: 600 x 600 dpi; 600 x 1200 dpi,
  • Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle: 1 million ppm,
  • Scalable, with storage for 14,310 sheets maximum paper capacity.
Now available through authorized Kyocera dealers and resellers.

gregbatch

I think Riso ink cost keeps them out of print for pay. The entry cost and impression cost of the Kyocera are encouraging. I'm eager to see some output. It's been almost a year and I'm hoping there's promising feedback on reliability as well. Anyone have experience with this machine?

De-Inking

Avanti
Sustainable Printing Goes Far Beyond Using FSC Certified or Recycled Paper
This informative paper on deinking: demand, principles, problems and solutions also explains why printing technologies are not all equally compatible with paper recycling systems; and why just a small fraction of printed material in the paper can cause difficulties.
Link To White Paper