Large Format Printing

ajr

Thought I might ask here, we are looking into getting into the large format/poster market/display etc. We are a large litho printer and have a number of customers who want to buy these items from us. I need to know the ideal machine (s) to start off with ie printer, laminator cutting etc. We are looking at solvent printers. Also RIPS and any useful software, we are geared up for litho at the moment. We are not looking at a big operation but enough to suit our needs.

Any pointers would be great

Thanks

AjR

For solvent machines Roland and Mimaki seem to be the best options, but I would also look into the HP latex machines as you don't need to wait 24 hours for the latex inks to cure before you laminate or hand it off to the customer. Roland has some machines with an integrated cutter, but I would go with a standalone if you have the room for it. Roland GX series and Graphtec are your best bets there. As for a laminator, our Royal Sovereign is great, and I've heard Seal makes pretty good ones too. If you want to be more specific about what types of products you're going to be producing I can possibly recommend some materials. Also, if you want your printer to last, stick with OEM inks and keep up with maintenance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back