Letterpress numbering machines

davarino

We do a fair amount of numbering work on our Heidelberg windmill. We'd like to do more, but our sources for reliable numbering machines seem to have dried up during the Anti-mechanical Revolution.

We have used some of the machines advertised as "new" on ebay and other places, and they don't work well at all. The most obvious problems are that they freeze-up and that the shafts bend very easily.

The death of the numbering machine seems to be close at hand. Since 1970, I have not seen any development of good crashing machines for the job print shop.

If you know of good brands that are being produced I'd love to hear of them.

Graphic Whizard is great. GW8000 is a good machine with crash numbering capabilities. I think it should be comparable to your speed and quality, and a brand new machine is like $9000 - $14500 depending on configuration.

Hi there. Have quite a few "old" letterpress numbering machines here that you can have for a good price if you are interested? Private message me if you are keen and I'll let you know what I have (what brands, skip wheels etc…) FYI. I only use Heidelberg platens. I have a big GT at the moment (13x18) but have had a lot of smaller T Heidelberg platens in the past.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back