Lines appearing from the CtP Machine

Qube

Hi

I need some information on a problem I am having with my CtP PlateRite 8000II:

There are very faint broken lines (almost looks like perf lines) running across the plates. It is not visible on the plate, but once inked up you can see it. I have tried to delete it with dilution fluid and it will not come off. They are on all the plates CMYK at about 1%. We are a bureau and supply all size plates to printers and this is happening on all the different size thermal plates. The lines run horizontally on the plates

I have attached a scan.

Attachments

• lines004.jpg
    lines004.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 410
I had some stray lines appearing intermittently...we swapped the cable and then the interface and they cleared up...may be an issue of data transfer.

Our 4300 does this as well. Usually after 30-40 plates in a row. It seems to be something overheating, tech thinks it's the "main" board.
A 10-15 minute powered off rest fixes it for a while.

Transistors on the circuit board and over heat aging lead to such......

Hi,

Have you try print a solid or 50% tone from the CTP self test (not from the RIP)?
If still have lines, possible something wrong at CTP.

Hi

I need some information on a problem I am having with my CtP PlateRite 8000II:

There are very faint broken lines (almost looks like perf lines) running across the plates. It is not visible on the plate, but once inked up you can see it. I have tried to delete it with dilution fluid and it will not come off. They are on all the plates CMYK at about 1%. We are a bureau and supply all size plates to printers and this is happening on all the different size thermal plates. The lines run horizontally on the plates

I have attached a scan.

Dear Qube,

My name is Jessy, im writing you from Kenya . I hope this email finds you well, I come across your issue of lines on the ctp plates, im experiencing the same issue with my machine. I have gotten 3 different Engineers to look at it but no results. Please may i share with you a picture of my plate with lines. I dont want to purchase the PIF card or interface cable and the problem might be RB31 Board. Your quick response is highly appreciated. you can contact me via this email: [email protected]

Regards<

Jessy.

Attachments

• 3B2D8CF4-EAAA-4346-8A6D-4AA3C43E523C.jpeg
    3B2D8CF4-EAAA-4346-8A6D-4AA3C43E523C.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 401
  • 35ED4C81-DDA1-4696-A24E-C4626BB77880.jpeg
    35ED4C81-DDA1-4696-A24E-C4626BB77880.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 395

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back