Linked Files in InDesign Now Modified after Daylight Savings Change

Norcrans

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem after the Daylight Savings Time Change on November 6th.

Starting on Monday, November 7th we have noticed that all of our InDesign files that had artwork files linked to the document are now coming up as being modified in the Links pallet even though that artwork has not been modified. I haven't recalled having this issue since we were using Quark 4 and InDesign CS.

All files are stored on Windows servers running ExtremeZIP, all InDesign files are being opened on Mac Intel and Mac PowerPc models running either OSX 10.4 or OSX 10.6. All servers and Macs are sinc'd to pull the date and time from the same server and we verified that they are matching to the second.

We get the same results if the files are opened in InDesign CS4, CS5 or CS5.5.

Is anyone else seeing this issue and if so have you been able to rectify it without updating all the links and resaving the files.

I've been searching everywhere and I have found tech notes from Adobe that states that this issue was fixed in CS4.0.6 but we are running this version and still suffering from the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, the date and time on the server and workstation is sync'd. This was the first thing we checked. We also verified that all the machines and servers were pointed to the correct time zone because I've seen these affect things in the past.

We have all of our workstations and servers sync'd to one server and than that server is sync'd to the world clock. The times between the workstations and servers are within a second.

If I remember correctly. Windows will physically change the time on all of the files by 1 hour, which is different than how OS X does it. This is the reason why it happens. I am not sure if there is a fix though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back