Logo disappearing on PDF once RIP'd

Sherbert

Hey guys,

We use a HP Indigo 5000 with an onboard Harlequin RIP.

This file that I have attached has a BAcC Logo on the 2nd page of the PDF. Well when ripped this logo just disappears completely.

Done my usual checks and I can't see anything wrong with it so far. I have asked for the native files so I can at least see how it was put together.

What do you think?

Attachments

• OHP A6 Print ready leaflet.pdf
    346 KB · Views: 156
ok it's fine on mine xitron navigator hq

how about place the pdf in indy and re-pdf out again - just for the hell of it

or postscript, then pdf again - then rip - see if that cleans it up

or get the logo out, resave, and get back into pdf - my way would be get the logo into illy, drop the pdf into indy, drop new logo over old, pdf out

good luck

removed small object sitting on top of that logo

removed small object sitting on top of that logo

wow - lots of objects extending way outside the bounding box ! i used PitStops wireframe viewing tool to find a small box that was positioned over that set of outline objects that represents to logo -- then deleted that object - see if that fixes this problem.

Attachments

• OHP A6 Print ready leaflet3.pdf
    347.9 KB · Views: 152
  • WireframeView.jpg
    WireframeView.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 139
ok sherbert - any of our ideas work?

i dont have pitstop

hey you can always open the whole thing in illy for a laugh (i keed i keed - before the "iily is not a pdf editor" brigade kill me)

Cheers michaelejahn. Maybe that was it, god knows how they did that.

I chucked it through Indy CS3 and all seems fine now.

wow - lots of objects extending way outside the bounding box ! i used PitStops wireframe viewing tool to find a small box that was positioned over that set of outline objects that represents to logo -- then deleted that object - see if that fixes this problem.

Had a look in Illy Outline View and I can see the same thing. The box also has Overprint Fill/Stroke with a '-' through it. tut.

too late - i think <know> the adobe gods are watching.

i for one agree with the adobe gods and believe we should stone the sherbert one for the pdf opening in the illustrator and the checking and stuff :)

Beards, stones ... get your stones here!

Ripped with APPE 2 or Original CPSI - no problem.
Xitron Navigator (Harlequin v7) - no problem.
Just FYI.

so, did my fix fix it ?

so, did my fix fix it ?

Had a look in Illy Outline View and I can see the same thing. The box also has Overprint Fill/Stroke with a '-' through it. tut.

So, please - the suspense is killing me - did my fix work ? (also, I do want to tell you that this was not a PDF/X file (should never accept files from anyone that are not PDF/X files IMHO) - and also, when I opened this and turned on Output Preview, the simulation profile was an RGB profile (even though this was a CMYK file) - hummm

So, please - the suspense is killing me - did my fix work ? (also, I do want to tell you that this was not a PDF/X file (should never accept files from anyone that are not PDF/X files IMHO) - and also, when I opened this and turned on Output Preview, the simulation profile was an RGB profile (even though this was a CMYK file) - hummm

michaelejahn, I tried your PDF and the logo disappeared also. Placing it in Indesign and outputting as a P4P PDF works though =)

haaa@toronar! great film - life of brian - the stoning is awesome

job done sherbert - gotta work harder to catch us out mate

Eagle RIP

Eagle RIP

Tried it in Eagle RIP v4 - no problems.
But it's a Chinese RIP - so I guess it's used to that kind of logo;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back