Long rip time, complex PDF.

padrao

Hi i need one solution for the PDF`s with very complex vector´s inside .
The PDF is small format, but this will mounted on one sheet size 1000x700, and after send this job to metadimension it take 2 to 3 hours to output the job on CTP .
My question is what can be done on PDF or application to make it more easy , without convert the vector in image .
All the experts are wellcome . . .

Here is the link for the file .

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download PDF file.zip

All the Best

Padrao

This is a question that the people of metadimension should be able to help you with.

Just for fun I downloaded the file and ripped it in Navigator 8.1. It only took a minute or less to process but I was ripping it at a very low line screen. I have found that this upgrade really improves rip performance for complex PDFs and files that contain transparencies. What rip were you using and what is your final line screen...just out of curiosity. Not sure if that helped with your concern or not...

Down loaded and Ripped

Down loaded and Ripped

I Ripped and Trapped your file on our Meta Rip 7.5.1 - Time 1 minute 10 seconds

Rip time

Rip time

The Rip is Metadimension 7.5 connected to PrePress Manager 4.5 .
To rip one file, there is no problem, but when outputed from one Layout,from signastation on size for sm102, the case is diferent . Try to mount for paper size, 1000mmx700mm .

All the Best

Padrao

The Rip is Metadimension 7.5 connected to PrePress Manager 4.5 .
To rip one file, there is no problem, but when outputed from one Layout,from signastation on size for sm102, the case is diferent . Try to mount for paper size, 1000mmx700mm .

All the Best

Padrao

MetaDimension 7.5.1 and PPM 4.5.2 here, RIP time 21 minutes, 36 seconds.
Spool time: over 40 minutes. Combined gives around 1 hour for a 1000x700 form filled with these.

Regards,
toronar

Same software as before, but this time I ripped the form with CPSI instead of the APPE.
As usual, CPSI blows APPE out of the water in speed: 3 minutes 19 seconds rip time, 3 minutes spool time for a grand total of around 6 and a half minutes for the 1000x700 form filled with the PDF.

I would say Adobe has a lot to optimize in its APPE :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back