Looking for new printer need advice pls

gumbylives

Hi,
We currently have a Ricoh Aticio Mp 1350 Printer that seems to have a lot of problems. Streaking etc. We typically run the colour on our web press and then print seperate data merges onto the sheets.
We typically run 100,000 per month. Is there a recommendation for a printer that can do this with little problems?
any help would be appreciated.
cheers
Gumby

Although on the upper end your options are X700, C700, C9075 or KMC6501. I for one can vouch for printing over shells no problem on the KM. Any higher volume and I would be looking at something bigger like a X7001/X8001, C7000, C900 although all run fuser oil which hate pre printed stocks.

I think you have 2 options :

1. Continue printing the color shells in offset and get a B&W production printer (Xerox 4125, Nuvera) to print on top of it.

2. Get a full color production printer to handle 100k prints per month (like a Xerox DocuColor 7002) and do everything on it; forget about the pre printed shells.

Nope, but when we print the shells we turn the spray powder of on the press. All you need to do is inform those that are printing the shells to do the same.

Nope, but when we print the shells we turn the spray powder of on the press. All you need to do is inform those that are printing the shells to do the same.

I agree, if you have already printed them you can pass them thru the press again just use the blanket and a blank plate to pull it back off, you may need to wipe the rubber rollers clean again but it certainly fixes the problem.

Better off to not use setting powder on jobs that require overprinting I guess. I find that it's actually pre supplied shells that create the most issues so we just blast it thru an old press using felt plates. :)

Hello guys!

I understand you printer problem and I agree with the above information and for that use latest version of samsung printers and its giving more realistic printing....Paper shredding

Look into the new Ricoh Pro C720. It is available 2/1/10 and is a slowed down C900 at a much better price. It will easily handle your load.

As for the current machine I would get another tech involved. It should not be having those issues.

Gumby,
I believe that Ricoh are launching a new 72ppm based on the ProC900. might be worth hanging on as it is already launched in the US
Hi,
We currently have a Ricoh Aticio Mp 1350 Printer that seems to have a lot of problems. Streaking etc. We typically run the colour on our web press and then print seperate data merges onto the sheets.
We typically run 100,000 per month. Is there a recommendation for a printer that can do this with little problems?
any help would be appreciated.
cheers
Gumby

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back