Magnetic Toner

realrdp

In trying to accommodate our clients with OnDemand small quantity check printing, we are unable to locate magnetic toner for the MICR which will run on either the Konica-Minolta C360 or C352. Ultimately it would be great if Xerox offered this toner for the iGen 3, but the change-out would be too time consuming for short runs anyway. I have been unable to get an answer from the machine manufacturer. Any help?

Hi. as far as my experience goes - Get a HP LaserJet 9050. MICR toner is easy available and printer can print millions of impressions if cared for. Nice used machine should cost near $1200 and have more than plenty of life in it to bring descent money.

Roman.

All of Konicas toners are proprietary and to my knowlage they do not have MICR toners of any sort (I used to work as a tech for Konica but its possible they had something older)

MICR Toner

MICR Toner

what's the monthly print volume you need to do with MICR?

We've been asked by a few cliients, but figured that this might be a niche in the digital print market, that we could focus on. ALL the check printers have minimum order quantities, so check users end up buying quantities that they don't need. It seems that there are more customers seeking to buy smaller amounts.

MICR Toner - kKonica

MICR Toner - kKonica

All of Konicas toners are proprietary and to my knowlage they do not have MICR toners of any sort (I used to work as a tech for Konica but its possible they had something older)

Funny thing....I can't get Konica to answer any of my communication regarding MICR toners. Looks like they aren't interested:-(

A couple of possible reasons. MICR printing has declined by a huge percentage over the last 20 years. I used to work at a bank in-plant where we printed MICR ink on offset and I witnessed the rapid decline there. If something isn't real popular, printer manufacturers aren't interested in its development. Second, and this is purely speculation, that MICR toner probably isn't compatible or isn't easy to make compatible with most types of developers and thus its use is very limited. Also, to print MICR correctly requires the use of a test reader to determine if it has the right density and is printed in the right position to pick up in actual readers properly. Printer manufacturers probably want to avoid this thing like the plague as there would be many variables, meaning too many complaints and service calls.

-Mark-

Funny thing....I can't get Konica to answer any of my communication regarding MICR toners. Looks like they aren't interested:-(

It would be a pretty safe assumption that they dont, and or that it is not compatible with the machine

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back