Mail Presort Software

pworlledge

For smaller variable data jobs what is a good mail presorting software that isn't too expensive that will presort the addresses for the variable data print?

I use Satori Bull Mailer. Its is easy to use and pretty powerful. I'm not sure what you consider expensive, but I think we pay about $1500 per year. That includes Bi-monthly update DVDs. NCOA is an extra charge.

I've used Satori Bulk Mailer and Accuzip (our current solution) and both are solid reliable products. I think you'd be happy with either. We eventually switched to Accuzip because the NCOA is free and there are some powerful scripting commands for tweaking list output.

Accuzip all the way. Very easy to use. Very easy to script. Cheap as heck and free NCOA. For basic applications it's the way to go.

First off I work for TEC Mailing Solutions – the company I’m about to unabashedly plug but it’s rather easy since every service has a gotcha when you look into them – i.e. most of them won’t output a mail.dat until you get into their most expensive addition or your constantly dinged for more NCOA credits – we offer some flexibility – pay-as-you-go or subscriptions that includes unlimited NCOA and everything is hosted which means the system is constantly updated and managed freeing you IT staff to concentrate on profit generating work – if anyone wants to give it a try contact me and I’ll let you try it out for free – it’s dead simple to use www.mailpreparer.com -- [email protected]

Satori is nice, Accuzip is nice(use for automated NCOA), but I prefer BCC Mail Manager above all, works very well in our automation workflow.

BCC is great.... if you can afford all the add-ons you need! For a small shop there are better solutions.

BCC is great.... if you can afford all the add-ons you need! For a small shop there are better solutions.

You are correct, I have the full service version and it's not cheap, but there is a "Light" version as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back