Man Roland scanning densitometers

JRom

We are a Man Roland shop and when I go out and do press proofs
I am using a XRite 528 for checking densities, our presses are set up for status E and I would like to change
them to status T. Is this possible from the console and or printlink ?

Thanks

John R

Re: Man Roland scanning densitometers

I don't think you can, John, but you can switch your 528 to read Status E. That way you and the pressmen are playing in the same ballpark.

rich

Thanks Rich.....Guess I just have to read the manual on the 528 to change it :)

It was really the press room that was asking, its not a big deal....they just have to trust me !

I'm going to leave it as is.....Im a status T type of guy.

John

I'm afraid that the Status E readings on the Roland don't line up with Status E from a 528. It may be the Roland's polarization filter, I'm not sure, but the Roland readings will be quita a bit higher (About 2.0 on average) in all 4 colors.

Best approach is to get a sheet with proper densities according to the X-Rite then set the corresponding Roland readings as your targets.

Glenn Andrews

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back