MemJet Printers

padrao

Hi .

I saw the memjet videos for ptinter´s A4 and A3 and plotter´s and they seem to be veryyyyyyyy fast printing .

Are they realiable ? Whos has any experiencie with this printer´s .

All the info here: Home | Memjet

All the Best

Padrao

Memjets

Memjets

I too have been keeping an eye on this technology. They are not expected to be available in the United States untill late '11, but they look incredible on the web. The memjet technology is just a head that any printer manufacturer can adapt to their machines, They will be available from desktop printers to the widest of the wide formats when they finally hit the market. This technology will enable ink jet to compete with toner based methods.

I have a Rena Mach5 (MemJet), it has definitely found a place for it self in my shop.

1.) Quality is good for envelopes, as is cost of printing. We are loving it for for printing envelopes.
2.) Cost on a full sheet like a flier is on par with or slightly more than our Laser machine, but the quality is not as good.

The machine is still new and we are learning (just under 10k in 4 weeks) but I think it will effect the whole industry. Keep in mind it is filling a niche, just like most of other printers it is good for certain things and not so good for others. I also am concerned about volume and how it will hold up, time will tell and as we are about to crank up the volume on it I will see.

Mach5

Mach5

Let me know how it is going for you with the Mach5....We have a Xante and I am not at all happy with it. It has decent print quality, but the feeding system and speed is very lacking.

Thanks!
Tony

We are still very happy with the Mach 5, Longest straight run has been 20,000 pieces. I have yet to have a complaint from any of the jobs we have run so it appears my customers are happy. Feeding is Great on #10's, good on shorter envelopes like #7 coin and 6 /3/4 but it does get a few misfeeds on those. I have been unable to get #10 windows to feed reliably landscape so we have to feed them portrait which is slower of course, not a big deal on 1k but on 10k it's noticeable. Only other real gripe is software, you can only print 999 at a time and still no pms color matching. Have you seen samples? It is dull print with no shine like laser, I have actually had a few customers that said they liked it better. Who knows :)

We are still very happy with the Mach 5, Longest straight run has been 20,000 pieces. I have yet to have a complaint from any of the jobs we have run so it appears my customers are happy. Feeding is Great on #10's, good on shorter envelopes like #7 coin and 6 /3/4 but it does get a few misfeeds on those. I have been unable to get #10 windows to feed reliably landscape so we have to feed them portrait which is slower of course, not a big deal on 1k but on 10k it's noticeable. Only other real gripe is software, you can only print 999 at a time and still no pms color matching. Have you seen samples? It is dull print with no shine like laser, I have actually had a few customers that said they liked it better. Who knows :)

OK, thanks for the input.....one of my other concerns was color control....is there any? The Xante color control seems good, took some learning as with all systems, but I like it. Other ? is how does the Mach 5 run on catalog envelopes? or is that not possible.

No, I have not seen samples. I am just starting to look into other options. The Xante does have a bit of a shine to it as you said, but quality is not too bad on it and fairly easy to hit color. We have one of the original systems so we have to feed off the feed table that came with it. Wish it was possible to get the top load feed system instead. And it is a little slower than what I would like and toner costs and drums are high.

Largest Envelope you can run (and I have) is 9 x 12. There is no color control, upcoming firmware and driver update so I keep being told. ATM we place the pdf in Indesign and print, only Color control is there and it is only good if you are creating the file to print.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back