Metrix 2015

kansasquaker

Is anybody out there using Metrix 2015 yet? We just upgraded and there are some nice new features, but the JDF export is driving me nuts. I'm not sure if I'm being stupid here but - the old Metrix would just preserve whatever settings you last used in a jdf export. In particular the difference between press plate and press sheet. Now they have the handy export profile feature (long time coming if you ask me). It's great but every time we go to export a jdf the default profile is called '(Custom)". I can't find any way to change the default profile or edit the one called Custom.

We impose everything to press plate, not press sheet. But the '(Custom)' setting that keeps coming up by default is set to press sheet. We've burned about four sets of plates now with the wrong setback and it's getting annoying.

Does anybody have the same issue or know more about it than we do? Thanks!

Is anybody out there using Metrix 2015 yet? We just upgraded and there are some nice new features, but the JDF export is driving me nuts. I'm not sure if I'm being stupid here but - the old Metrix would just preserve whatever settings you last used in a jdf export. In particular the difference between press plate and press sheet. Now they have the handy export profile feature (long time coming if you ask me). It's great but every time we go to export a jdf the default profile is called '(Custom)". I can't find any way to change the default profile or edit the one called Custom.

We impose everything to press plate, not press sheet. But the '(Custom)' setting that keeps coming up by default is set to press sheet. We've burned about four sets of plates now with the wrong setback and it's getting annoying.

Does anybody have the same issue or know more about it than we do? Thanks!

You should contact Metrix support.

World wide I am the one and only Metrix support person.. Email is usually the best way to get a hold of Metrix Support, I cannot offer support through online forums.

It is often easier to post to a forum then to navigate the support of a company.

It would of course depend on the company and the software/hardware that one was seeking advice on. It’s a mixed bag, forums can take time and answers may not be textbook.

Regarding the comic from Gordo, I would think that it would be more common for a customer to decide that they don’t need to pay for vendor support as internet forums are free – than it would be for a vendor to not offer a support mechanism (that can be used for service/maintenance contract revenue).

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back