Missing Safari

ripit

My son somehow deleted safari from his old mac. Can i re-install safari only from the system disks? If not how can i get internet access restored to his Mac?
Thanks in advance

download some other browser on another machine and copy to cd or thumb drive install on new machine

Ohhhhh, right! :eek:

What rbailleu said, then - can you get it downloaded on another machine & transfer the installer that way? Or, silly question: is the original app still in the Trash on that Mac maybe? Wishful thinking, I know.

Or back to your original idea, insert the System CD but don't restart! There's a folder called "System" you can open & dig down to /Installation/Packages and run the Safari.pkg file. That should install & you can update to the newest version normally.

Good luck!

If you do regular updates the Safari pkg. may still be in the receipts folder for Software update. Worth a look.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 171
once the safari is restored, you should create a different user/login for your son and disable some privileges so he can't do that again. - Roger

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back